Old 03-12-2014, 06:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.1
Courses Played: 123
Throwing Style: LHBH
Lightbulb Discraft Reaper

My favorite was the Discraft Reaper. Curse the day someone decided to stop production. When Innova puts out a new line that is faster then previous they just re-class discs. Anyone recall when the Teebird said maximum distance driver.

Can Discraft please bring back the reaper and just call it a distance driver instead of maximum distance driver.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2014, 10:36 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 61
Throwing Style: RHBH

I second the motion. Reaper was my favorite disc. I lost my last one at a course about an hour and a half from my house. Upon getting home, I got a phone call saying that they had found my disc. Thinking I could just buy/order another I told them thanks for the call and that they could keep it. That weekend I began my search for another, slowly figuring out that Discraft had discontinued them. I didn't keep the folks number who had found my disc either, or I would have just sucked it up and made the drive.

In my opinion, there isn't another disc like it on the market, why take it out of production? Bring it back I declare!
Old 03-12-2014, 11:35 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 7

I also threw Reapers a lot. I used to carry 3 in my bag all the time. I have recently taken them out of my bag because I know I can't find replacements. I would also like to see these come back into production.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:09 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 1

loved the reaper as well is one of my favorite fh discs. the x2 xtra and storm were other quality disc i wish discraft would bring back.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:15 AM
Big Country

Years Playing: 25.1
Courses Played: 50

Been FOREVER since I've seen a Reaper. I never threw one, I don't think. Wasn't it similar to a Banshee? A little longer, if I recall correctly...
Old 03-13-2014, 12:20 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 21.5
Courses Played: 131

Discraft OOP's discs that don't sell, and overstable drivers must not sell becasue the Cyclone 2, X-Clone, X2, Xtra, Xtreme, Talon and Reaper were all good golf discs. The bottom line is that they stopped selling, 'cause they would still sell them otherwise.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:58 AM
Par Member

Haven't consistently thrown discraft sice my main discs were talon, reaper, and wildcat, and xl. Those were good days then they got rid of them all except xl but u know what I mean.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:00 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 15

I will always have a soft spot for Reapers. I eventually replaced Reapers with Preds, but I will always look back fondly on the memories I shared with my first reaper. I had it so long, and beat it in so well, it was a thing of beauty.

Then I lost it in about a 2x2' bush in the middle of a fairway. It just disappeared in that thing. We shook it, bent back every branch, never found it. We scoured the area like it was a missing child, and no trace. Disc gnomes.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:50 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.1
Courses Played: 123
Throwing Style: LHBH

Do you break them out for special rounds? open courses with no chance to loose them? I do.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:32 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 18

I wasn't around for the good ole days but have a Z reaper that I won in an ebay lot. Absolutely love the thing! It battled with my banshee for a place in my bag for a long time. I don't currently throw it but I don't throw a banshee anymore either.