Old 11-02-2013, 11:05 PM

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
New course in Morton, il.

We have a new course coming to Morton. Megiddo at Westwood Park. Just started clearing at the end of July and already had first doubles fundraiser tourney in Oct. The course is hilly with a creek coming into play on 8 holes. It is entirely in the woods except the first half of 2 holes. 4 bridges have been built so far with 3 older bridges that are used as well. Morton Park District bought the Mach Vs orange powder coated baskets. There will be 2 concrete pads on most holes to start and hopefully a third set in the near future. Hoping to get the pads poured next spring along with the baskets permanently installed. You don't feel like you are in central Illinois while playing here. A lot of work needs to be done still but we have a great start. It is 5 minutes away from Northwoods and 15 minutes from McNaughton (McNasty). Hopefully, have it ready for the Ledgestone Insurance A-tier in 2014. Might be played in 2015 when a National tournament will be held in the area.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megiddo24 View Post
We have a new course coming to Morton. Megiddo at Westwood Park. Just started clearing at the end of July and already had first doubles fundraiser tourney in Oct. The course is hilly with a creek coming into play on 8 holes. It is entirely in the woods except the first half of 2 holes. 4 bridges have been built so far with 3 older bridges that are used as well. Morton Park District bought the Mach Vs orange powder coated baskets. There will be 2 concrete pads on most holes to start and hopefully a third set in the near future. Hoping to get the pads poured next spring along with the baskets permanently installed. You don't feel like you are in central Illinois while playing here. A lot of work needs to be done still but we have a great start. It is 5 minutes away from Northwoods and 15 minutes from McNaughton (McNasty). Hopefully, have it ready for the Ledgestone Insurance A-tier in 2014. Might be played in 2015 when a National tournament will be held in the area.
I am so excited to come and see this in the spring when I come to visit my family
Old 11-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 85
So is the course up and ready to be played or is it still under construction
Old 11-05-2013, 07:34 AM

I don't have the baskets in at the moment. We are figuring out ways to theft proof them a little more. Tee pads are dirt at the moment as well, being we just started less than 4 months ago. We are hoping to have a big triples tourney in the spring and it will be part of the Ledgestone A-Tier tourney in September. hopefully, part of the NT in 2015 if I get enough completed. Still rough around the edges but coming along. Megiddo at Westwood is a page on Facebook you can check out a few pictures and updates if interested.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 419
Good to hear!
Old 11-05-2013, 04:08 PM

We should have a lot more done by the spring. Come and try it out. Hopefully baskets will be set when you come.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megiddo24 View Post
We should have a lot more done by the spring. Come and try it out. Hopefully baskets will be set when you come.
I will post to the page when I am coming. May wait a little closer to the A tier maybe even play that tourney if I can swing it!
Old 01-23-2014, 09:34 PM

Feedback

Looking for feedback on a fundraising page we set up. The wording was done by a non disc golfer so keep that in mind. He is in charge of the Foundation and is helping with funding so I let him write words like *Championship* cause he feels it will get more $ from the community. Does $500 for hole sponsorship seem reasonable. Already have a few interested. Have 4-5 tourneys already scheduled for the summer if we can get enough done in time. If you have ever built a course you know how hard it can be to get volunteers. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Criticism, sarcasm, etc... welcomed too. Some of you are very good at it

http://mortoncommunityfoundation.org...golf-fund.html
Old 05-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Bump. Saw that this has a course page. What's the general consensus? And timetable for concrete teepads?

Old 05-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 123
There's a triples tourney there this weekend, so we should get some feedback afterwards. Any DGCRs playing the Morton Triples on Saturday?