Disc Golf Store
Old 06-05-2013, 08:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 199
10 days!!!!

Very cool. Between those, the navigation aids New013 placed and the flat tee areas things are really coming together. I dropped the last of the big trees on 14. Ran out of gas while cutting up the last one, but it only has about 10' left. We just need to cut up and drag some big stuff, and that hole is pretty much done.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:34 PM

Years Playing: 1.3
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Just a thought for the goats... (if that even is still possible).

Instead of a stake, Tie a really long rope down the middle of the fairway and put the goats on leashes so they can walk up and down the fairway and clear it.

Might work.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 138
Send a message via AIM to New013
I like that idea
Old 06-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHFH
really, we care that much about reviews...

Really.... we care THAT much about some reviews? I would think #1 we want more traffic on the course to make it better. Put it up on DGCR with hole lengths / directions and "lock" reviews until such-and-such a date if that can be done or don't read the reviews you don't like. Right now we need LOTS of traffic to knock down weeds/new growth. Reviews be damned IMHO!
Old 06-05-2013, 10:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassetthound1 View Post
Just a thought for the goats... (if that even is still possible).

Instead of a stake, Tie a really long rope down the middle of the fairway and put the goats on leashes so they can walk up and down the fairway and clear it.

Might work.
An extremely worthy 1st post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DISC_combobulated View Post
Really.... we care THAT much about some reviews? I would think #1 we want more traffic on the course to make it better. Put it up on DGCR with hole lengths / directions and "lock" reviews until such-and-such a date if that can be done or don't read the reviews you don't like. Right now we need LOTS of traffic to knock down weeds/new growth. Reviews be damned IMHO!
You know, I think timg can enable it so that the site can be listed but the reviewing section will be disabled.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Well, the designer/owner of the course has the decision to make on when to list the course and what they think of reviews. What the rest of us think doesn't really matter. And we all know the old line about butt holes and opinions...

If we want a course listed we just need to fund and build one ourselves.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 32.8
Courses Played: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppydisc View Post
Well, the designer/owner of the course has the decision to make on when to list the course and what they think of reviews.
Unless timg says differently, this is not correct.

This is a crowd-sourced site, and timg owns it. Oh, and this is "the internet". If somebody wants to list the course, and if somebody wants to do a review, there's literally *nothing* the "course owner" or "course designer" can do about it.

Yes, we're all nice here, and it's a kind community, and there's no sense biting the hand that feeds you. But let's not misstate facts.

And again, timg rules all. So if he says "the designer/owner of the course has the decision", then that's the way it will be, and everything I said is false.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:31 AM
* Ace Member *

You may be technically correct, but I was hoping we are all big boys, and would respect the designer/owners of courses enough to wait until they listed their course. Yeah, I should know better based on experience, but still sometimes expect better from people.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:19 AM
.:Master Course Designer:.

Years Playing: 38.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppydisc View Post
10 days!!!!

Very cool. Between those, the navigation aids New013 placed and the flat tee areas things are really coming together. I dropped the last of the big trees on 14. Ran out of gas while cutting up the last one, but it only has about 10' left. We just need to cut up and drag some big stuff, and that hole is pretty much done.
Mr. Sloppy, let me make sure in case I wasn't clear: within ten days I will have hole lengths for you. I would do it today, but I'm on the road. Signs will be there before the end of the month.

And thanks again for all your consideration, understanding, and of course hundreds of hours of hard work. I am 100% in favor of putting out as much information as we can, and I am in 100% in favor of everyone expressing whatever opinions they have, pro or con, whenever they like, wherever they like. We will just not be posting reviews until the course is completed.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:04 PM
I think I'm important

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 105
Send a message via AIM to _MTL_ Send a message via Yahoo to _MTL_
Yeah you shouldn't review a course until it's done.

When I played it last weekend I fully 100% knew it wasn't done and expected it to be very rough. I can't imagine knowing that and then reviewing it.