Disc Golf Store
Old 11-13-2012, 04:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 84
Throwing Style: RHBH
Sounds great macdaddy! if you need volunteers to help with clearing, hit me up on pm. i can maybe set aside a few weekends to help. it depends on how the winters gonna be.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:09 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 31.2
Courses Played: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungedude42 View Post
I'll bring the hip waders! Is the creek shallow enough to see bottom? Or is it a black hole/pit of despair? I'll start stocking up on cheap, used wizards, lol.
Depends. Last summer, you could practically walk across it. Right now. Buh-bye! See you in Mississippi. Your hip waders better have a hull and a prop.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Birdie Member

Clearing is progressing on the front 9 holes. Here is a pic from a nice little green, notched into the woods on hole #3! The course is on track to open the front nine this spring and the back nine in the summer!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fall Creek Baptist - water check 010.jpg (152.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Fall Creek Baptist - water check 009.jpg (150.1 KB, 18 views)
Old 12-16-2012, 03:42 PM

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 74
Keep up the GREAT (not good) work Dennis! Let's aim for 200 Indiana courses by 2017! I would be more than willing to help now that I am graduated! Perhaps I would even donate a basket every year or two towards a course (if personal funding allows me to do so)!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:46 AM
Birdie Member

The baskets for the front nine were ordered today! They will go in the ground as soon as the weather breaks this spring. Fundraising continues for the back nine and is doing well, design should start soon, with baskets... this summer sometime.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 PM

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 74
When the baskets are installed, will tee pads be installed at the same time? Or will they be natural tees for the time being?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:30 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbova View Post
When the baskets are installed, will tee pads be installed at the same time? Or will they be natural tees for the time being?
The tees will be natural surface at first. This is mainly to allow the ground to dry out to the point that concrete can be poured without tearing up the place too badly. The goal right now is to have the front-9 in the ground by the end of March. It will also allow some final fit checking and positioning before setting it in stone. Active field design work has started on the back-9 and chances of it opening earlier in the year, rather than later, are looking good! There will be some work party opportunities for those interested in helping out. Mainly clearing, hole digging and pouring concrete stuff.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Birdie Member

Talked with the main disc golf dude over at FCBC the other day and they are doing very well with the fundraising for the back nine, only three more holes to go! So well in fact, that they have taken a second look at my proposal to add another nine holes, for a total of 27! With a full 18 of those holes back in the deep woods alongside Fall Creek. The church owns 40+ acres in the "back 40" so there is lots of room. It would also allow us to add more holes along or near the water (always thinking about you Grundgedude)!

So, looking at the front 9 by the end of March (target), back 9 in early summer, and the back-back 9... ? Late summer or early fall. It would depend a lot upon how much volunteer labor will be available for clearing operations. But, twenty seven holes of grassy, open, and heavily wooded and watered disc golfing torture... ah, FUN!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 27
Oh boy! Moar water. Just let me know when you need the labor. Would Looove to see a 27 holer so close to the house. Well, another 27 holer anyway. At least this one's not off-road parking like Mohawk. My underbody's been getting all muddied. So stoked, thinking of switching up Wednesday leagues if they'll have us. See if they're unapposed to glow, too!

Old 02-04-2013, 05:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 84
That sounds fantastic! 27 holes of fun!
Sorry to hear about your "muddy undercarriage" Grungedude. Mike's car wash should take care of that for ya!