Old 09-02-2012, 06:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 114
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by lion View Post
I have never been called a slow golfer and it does sound like a tough day to try and get all those in. Maybe for Saturday I will just try to play three course. keep it simple. How long will a round at BOP take to play with 4 good golfers? My goal was to start golfing at 7am and that would give us 10-10.5 hours of daylight in the day. I was thinking Garberville wouldn't take long. I don't think there will be to much traffic Saturday. My gps does say 5 hours and twenty minutes from BOP to the house in Santa Cruz, so 6 hours with a stop. Which course is better redwood curtain or humboldt university?
They are one and the same. At least if you are talking the Humboldt State University course listed on here. The course that is listed on here as HSU should be listed as the Redwood Curtain (its true name), HSU has allmost nothing to do with the course, only a small amount of it actualy plays on thier land. There used to be an object course that actualy played through the school, but it's no longer played for odvious safty reasons. I'm not sure what kind of condition Garbervile would be in for playing. If they haven't mowed it in a while, you could be looking at waist high grass on some holes. I would say your beter bet is to play both the Redwood Cutain and College of the Redwoods, then go play BOP. Still gonna be a hard day. BOP is not a quick play. It was 27 holes the last time I was down there, but Caleb was also talking about adding extra holes, that day, after I left, so who knows it could be even bigger. Caleb would be beter at giving you an good estimate of how long it takes to play, I never realy am too worried about it when I'm there. Then if you have the time, try to play Garberville. Garberville isn't a quick play either, I would say it takes longer than the Redwood Curtain or College of the Redwoods, and without a guide it is prety hard to find your way around there.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 1149
When i played bop in a group of 5/6 we got started before noon, finished before sunset, all good golfers, took us like 7 hours,. I could have gotten a round on before hand, not two, good luck with that. Caleb also advised me to skip garberville as its very grown over, so i skipped it.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:00 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 31
The 10th is my birthday.

Hmm.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dewgarita View Post
When i played bop in a group of 5/6 we got started before noon, finished before sunset, all good golfers, took us like 7 hours,. I could have gotten a round on before hand, not two, good luck with that. Caleb also advised me to skip garberville as its very grown over, so i skipped it.
Still patiantly waiting to see your review of BOP...

I saw one go up today and was thinking it might be your's at first, but then I saw that it was some other guy. I was suprised not only at how low his rating was for BOP, but also for Whistlers Bend.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to bdodson
If you are allergic to poison oak, or think you might be, I would also recommend skipping garberville. Last time I played there I did an awesome job avoiding the poison oak, then had it all over.....

definitely play the redwood curtain behind HSU.....
Old 09-02-2012, 05:10 PM
* Ace Member *

It is also about an hours drive from Eureka to BOP, so you need to calculate that in there too.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 544
chris can you guide us on the 10th of november if Kaleb cannot? I might just do Cooper Gulch and College of the red woods and then drive to BOP. Sunrise is expected to be at 6:35 that morning so I think that should be plenty of time to get to BOP around 11:30-12 and disc till dark around 6pm.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:24 PM
* Ace Member *

I would skip Coopers and CR to play the Redwood Curtain. As for a guide, I'm still not sure of what my condition is going to be by then. As of right now I haven't been able to disc in more than a month.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 69
Play Lake Sonoma again. It now has 18 tees to the 9 baskets. And heck, its only 10 minutes off the 101.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:21 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by lion View Post
November 11th

DeLa
Santa Cruz University Object Course
Harding Ranch (if there home, will call and make arrangements if possible)
A Watsonville private course (will call and make arrangements)
I would love to play Old capital in Monteray, but if that doesn't happen I will go play The Oaks.

So Sunday the 11th has a lot of maybe's, but won't be a problem with all the top courses near by. We're ending here because the drive Sunday night won't be to long. Any must eats in the Monteray bay area? If you can get me a guide for Old Capital I will give you a free new disc.

Thoughts?
Suggestions?
Ideas?
Food?
Where to by awesome beer in Eureka?
Anything?
Guides?

Thanks
Sounds like you will be having a blast, good luck.

I suggest that on the 11th you consider just a Dela/Pinto Lake combo. K.I.S.S.

There are 9:00 AM dubz at Dela, and Pinto is an amazing finish for anyday.