Old 12-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Star San Marino Roc, can't do anything I want with it. Love the KC Pro Roc, it flies fine. Just can't get a handle on the San Marino though.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 47
100 Meter Lazer. I only have in the bag for overhead shots over trouble because it will always flop over and stop. I never throw it in any normal way. Whenever I need room in the bag for some reason it is the first disc out. It is in lately because I have room. I use to carry a 10 Meter Brick for certain specialy situations but it was taken out because I never trusted it.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
I have to say S-PD. I don't have the snap for it. It's only 158g, but it's the most overstable discs I have ever thrown. I keep thinking it will break in to usable for me because of all the PD love I read about here, but I probably don't throw it enough. I keep it in the bag for windy days, when it's at least more predictable than anything else I have, even if it doesn't fly very far.

Also have a recycled line Pure that has dome and some turn. Was hoping it would fly like a fresh zero hard and stay that way. Guess I need an opto. I use it just for playing catch to warm up, it doesn't do anything for me on the course.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHFH
That would have to be the Destoyer any time I miss a fairway...

Old 12-06-2013, 12:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 59
My 175 Champion Roadrunner is my least favorite disc in my bag. I only use it for rollers so it only comes outta my bag for one shot every few rounds. I have no need for it backhand or forehand because I have other discs that have similar actions but I know and trust those other discs more.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 0.3
Courses Played: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guurn View Post
An x-out Champ Wraith I picked up recently. It had a profile similar to every champ Wraith I have ever throw but it is crazy overstable. So overstable that I have trouble throwing it as far as my Rocs. I kept it in the bag thinking there is probably a use for it or maybe I can beat it in to useful...nope. At one point I threw it at a wall for 15 minutes full power and it didn't affect the stability at all. This thread just helped me make the decision to move on, thanks.
I have something similar in star plastic. Save it for into high wind or a mid range meat hook. I leave mine in the trunk unless it's really windy or I know of at least one hole where it can be useful off the tee. Sometimes there is just no other way to park certain holes.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by blammo View Post
I have to say S-PD. I don't have the snap for it. It's only 158g, but it's the most overstable discs I have ever thrown. I keep thinking it will break in to usable for me because of all the PD love I read about here, but I probably don't throw it enough. I keep it in the bag for windy days, when it's at least more predictable than anything else I have, even if it doesn't fly very far.
Sounds like you may have accidentally picked up a test configuration PD. I had the exact same thing happen to me... I would throw the thing and it would just start fading immediately out of my hand and had ZERO glide. I almost swore off PD's entirely because of that first impression, but a friend picked one up and when he was throwing it further than me on straighter lines, I asked him if I could throw it to compare. Sure enough, it was exactly how I THOUGHT the PD should have flown for me.

Try to find someone that throws PD's and see if they all fly the same for you. You could also check out a P-PD. Afaik none of those were made in test configuration and all have pretty good glide.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 12
It's probably been never since I could say that I don't have a least favorite in my current bag. I look forward to throwing every single disc I carry when I get the opportunity.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 52
any distance driver. Cant seem to find any that i click with.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 56
my black classic hard judge. way too stiff for putting and flies a lot more overstable than my softs. it flies great off the tee, but with it being black I have a hard time getting myself to use it there at all. looking forward to swapping in some classic blend judges for both putting and throwing.