Old 01-25-2013, 07:14 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
I could not pass up on the gun metal recycled Pure. Keep up the solid work Justin! Let me know if you get some lighter weight GL Pures
Old 01-25-2013, 10:56 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 36
Found a color-shift on Community at the same price as all the other Lat64 GL discs. I'm pretty sure the factory doesn't charge extra, but most on-line DG sites do.

Thanks Justin -- good Karma to you!
Old 01-26-2013, 12:41 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 11
After some technical difficulty (which was my fault haha) I bought a recycled trespass!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
I'm not sure which image you're talking about on the site JAKE master or if you placed an order recently but colors are pretty subjective. I do my best to keep things as striaght as possible but also list each unique color uniquely rather than list a pale and bright orange as "Orange" so that if you order two "matching" discs you might get one that is a very bright/hot orange and one that is a pale sort of peach color. If you've got an issue with an order please contact me directly rather than make accusations about my visual abilities or lying about colors just to sell discs here on DGCR.

Perhaps it will be feasible to show a unique photo of every single disc one day. I would love to be able to do that.

I'm sorry you feel like a vicitm.
I've never had an issue with the color descriptions. Seems like you have colors listed into as many or more categories as the other retailers.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE master View Post
good idea justin...
i believe you are red and or red/green color blind.
kind of disappointed. i feel hot pink is a pretty common, almost crayola like color, that everyone can relate to.

hot pink is not, red
hot pink is not fusia
hot pink is not bubble gum.
hot pink is hot pink.
i really hope i didnt fall victim to a guy who labels things hot pink just to move discs.

this is a dickish post, just sayin...
Old 01-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
good idea justin...
kind of disappointed. i feel hot pink is a pretty common, almost crayola like color, that everyone can relate to.

hot pink is not, red
hot pink is not fusia
hot pink is hot pink.
i really hope i didnt fall victim to a guy who labels things hot pink just to move discs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrab66 View Post
this is a dickish post, just sayin...
call it like you see it but, but as you can see here there are three discs. the one in the middle, hot pink, the two to the outside, not hot pink

colors are pretty subjective...
so if you want to call the zone, hot pink fine,
however, you cannot simultaneously call the zone hot pink and the boatman hot pink.
that is what irks me.

will these discs fly the same knowing they were never hot pink, id like to think so. boo hoo for me and my white people problems, but at least have some consistency.
just sayin, though it should be brought to his attention
Old 01-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 8
Quote:
good idea justin...

hot pink is not, red
hot pink is not fusia
hot pink is hot pink.
Quote:
call it like you see it but, but as you can see here there are three discs. the one in the middle, hot pink, the two to the outside, not hot pink

however, you cannot simultaneously call the zone hot pink and the boatman hot pink.
that is what irks me.

will these discs fly the same knowing they were never hot pink, id like to think so. boo hoo for me and my white people problems, but at least have some consistency.

And that's all well and good. But you didn't say, "Hey, I ordered three discs from you that were labelled hot pink, and a couple of them were not really hot pink." You got snarky and said he must be colorblind. You expressed concern that he engages in shady business practices to move discs. You even went so far as to suggest you might be a "victim."

Your point may be valid, but you went at it with some a-hole flair. If you're upset with something, just let him know. You didn't need to go into attack mode.

And, you're trying to argue that colors are pretty "objective," not "subjective." A subjective decision would imply that Justin can consider those discs hot pink because it's his personal opinion.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
I'm not sure which image you're talking about on the site JAKE master or if you placed an order recently but colors are pretty subjective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post

And, you're trying to argue that colors are pretty "objective," not "subjective." A subjective decision would imply that Justin can consider those discs hot pink because it's his personal opinion.
yes youre right. in my ideal world colors would be 'objective' in that i could get any disc labeled hot pink and it would be. and it would not be fusia or red.

'subjective' is what is was, because he did consider those discs hot pink, despite being red and fusia, because it was his personal opinion.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 6
The same thing will happen at other online stores... just saying.

I ordered a tourney warship (from one of the stores can't remember which one it was), but it was supposed to be hot pink.

This is what I got...

...not hot pink.

But anyway, CommunityDiscs is the only place to buy from... except when you're trying to get some Tridents...

WHY DON"T YOU HAVE TRIDENTS!!! WHY DON'T YOU HAVE THEM JUSTIN!!! ...lol. /end rant

Old 01-27-2013, 11:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:

that is what irks me.

i agree with you about the colors, i myself have ordered a pink sidewinder and roadrunner from a reputable online site in the last couple of months and i wouldnt consider either one of them pink, i think it was just the way you delivered your message, carry on...