Old 11-14-2012, 10:53 PM
* Innova: Choice of Champions *

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 14
I wish that last 15 minutes or so of that DGL episode existed when I was just starting out, I would have saved a lot of money and frustration. Comprehensive yet accessible, just really well done.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 02:20 PM
DGCR Vendor

400th Disc Added!

Two new discs added takes us to 400 discs in the inFlight Guide! The inFlight Guide is, by far, the most comprehensive and complete flight data resource ever compiled.

New Discs

So which two discs put us over the top? That would be the Vibram Lace and the Prodiscus SLAIDi. The Lace is Vibram's stable, ultra long distance driver. The Prodiscus SLAIDi is the Finnish disc manufacturer's stable, long-range offering.

You can view their flight paths here:

Vibram Lace Prodiscus SLAIDi

As a reminder, the flight data in the inFlight Guide comes from a variety of sources. As additional flight data becomes available, it is possible (likely) that these flight values may change (e.g. get fine tuned) over time.

New Article

The folks at Rattling Chains provide a candid assessment of the inFlight Guide in their latest article. They cover our flight resources from a variety of perspectives and also documented a few suggestions that we plan on implementing in the next edition. Read on for more info!

Product Review: inFlight Guide
Old 11-16-2012, 06:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by inbounds View Post
New Article

The folks at Rattling Chains provide a candid assessment of the inFlight Guide in their latest article. They cover our flight resources from a variety of perspectives and also documented a few suggestions that we plan on implementing in the next edition. Read on for more info!

Product Review: inFlight Guide
I wanted to let you know I think it is fantastic that you can see the article as constructive rather than critical. While I didn't contribute on that one, it is all too easy to read people's suggestions and immediately take them as negative. Kudos.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 78
Throwing Style: RHBH
Just read the review article. I definitely hear what they're saying, both positive and negative. Here's my perspective, if I may.

Where I live, the closest courses (not counting my private course) are all basically an hour or more away in any direction. Thus, with a busy life, I don't get to spend a lot of time traveling to other courses. So the idea of seeing what other people throw and "wanting that disc" doesn't really apply to me. I am very infrequently on the course with other groups, let alone actually playing in a group. So, in my case, the information in the guide is tremendously useful.

I understand that there are limitations based upon throwing style, weather conditions, form, etc. However, based upon my experience with different discs on the charts, and my current throwing distance, I can make some well educated guesses about how discs that I haven't thrown will fly for me. Being able to compare discs that I have thrown, side by side with other discs that I haven't thrown, is extremely useful.

Last edited by Jimb; 11-16-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:22 AM
DGCR Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
I wanted to let you know I think it is fantastic that you can see the article as constructive rather than critical. While I didn't contribute on that one, it is all too easy to read people's suggestions and immediately take them as negative. Kudos.
Hearing/reading something that isn't 100% flattering isn't always the easiest thing to take, but when it's structured in a meaningful, actionable way it's easy to use that to your advantage and as an opportunity to improve. We more or less take the Nietzsche approach of that which does not kill us makes us stronger. In our opinion, competition spurs innovation, as does constructive criticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
Just read the review article. I definitely hear what they're saying, both positive and negative. Here's my perspective, if I may.

Where I live, the closest courses (not counting my private course) are all basically an hour or more away in any direction. Thus, with a busy life, I don't get to spend a lot of time traveling to other courses. So the idea of seeing what other people throw and "wanting that disc" doesn't really apply to me. I am very infrequently on the course with other groups, let alone actually playing in a group. So, in my case, the information in the guide is tremendously useful.

I understand that there are limitations based upon throwing style, weather conditions, form, etc. However, based upon my experience with different discs on the charts, and my current throwing distance, I can make some well educated guesses about how discs that I haven't thrown will fly for me. Being able to compare discs that I have thrown, side by side with other discs that I haven't thrown, is extremely useful.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Awesome stocking stuffers!!!!
Old 11-18-2012, 12:33 AM
DGCR Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon.trenton View Post
Awesome stocking stuffers!!!!
We couldn't agree more. If you don't buy them from us, the next best place to pick up a copy is at Marshall Street for sure!
Old 11-26-2012, 03:16 PM
DGCR Vendor

We've got another retro release today! Through some extensive research, we found flight data for the Innova Moray and the Innova Puma:

Innova Moray Innova Puma

This pushes us to 403 discs in the inFlight Guide!

Keep checking our facebook page this week for details on our next contest: The 12 Days of Discmas!
Old 11-30-2012, 06:32 PM
DGCR Vendor

Dynamic Discs debuts their new disc line! View their four new discs exclusively at inbounds Disc Golf!

Judge - Putter
Fugitive - Mid-Range
Escape - Fairway Driver
Tresspass - Distance Driver

View their flight paths here: http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/cont...1130001&n=1139

Old 12-05-2012, 11:09 AM
DGCR Vendor

MVP Amp and the Innova Tern added to the inFlight Guide. View their initial flight charts here: http://bit.ly/Xqh4jd

What MVP has to say about the Amp: The Amp fairway driver has a smooth turn and substantial glide with minimal fade. It is excellent for both high and low power players looking for easy, controllable distance with accuracy.

What Innova has to say about the Tern: The Tern is a Speed 12 Distance Driver with a flight similar to the Archon with exceptional glide. As the name suggests, the Tern is an easy to turn driver for skilled recreational players. It makes a long range power roller for bigger arms. Newer players will find this disc a straight flyer with predictable fade.

As a reminder, these initial flight charts are based on preliminary data and are likely to change once additional flight data becomes available.