Old 09-08-2012, 01:26 AM

Yes the meters drive me a bit nuts to they were given to me and I put the number as were given. good call on the txt to red line thanks. and also mandos need more color. I really apreatiate that you guys think thesse look good Im super pumped for them.

Grande Priaire, Alberta, Canada. just in case anyone is in town and want to disc golf
Old 09-08-2012, 01:45 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
I actually prefer "Delta Alt". (I know Elevation is okay from a dictionary standpoint, but i think of elevation as being and angle, as in azimuth and elevation.)

I doesn't matter for this one since it's zero but which tee is this for? Or would you include two numbers?

How about just color code the tees rather than call them Pro or Long.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 34
Mando color change would be beneficial. Also, the flight lines are really unnecessary for players past beginners. I mean beginners couldn't even hit that line anyways could they?

Also the space on Next Tee helps
Old 09-08-2012, 02:31 AM

The Flight Lines are staying they are a sugetion.... this is a city were you walk into the park throw the disc then people throw it back to you... they don't get disc golf, lots of beginers. this will be the first offical, with baskets course in town.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERicJ View Post
I generally dislike the "Pro" / "Am" nomenclature for the stigma it implies as well as just not being correct. I'd rather just have "Long" & "Short", or "A" & "B" designations.
Or just "Blue" and "Gold" or "Yellow" or whatever the colors are. That way they also match the signs.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 83
I like the tee signs! Nice job! Like someone said earlier, the mando marking is easy to miss. If you could find a way to make it stick out it would be amazing. One other nice touch is the explanation on how to play the OB. That should help some people that are new to the game understand it a little better.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHFH
That's one of the nicer tee signs I've seen. The only thing I can think of, it's really nice to have the hole number really standout. It kinda gets lost in the other numbers. if there's one thing you need to be able to see from a ways off, it's the hole number.

I say this, not knowing what your course looks like. If it's laid out really well, then the flow will take you right to the next tee, so the numbers being large may not be important.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:12 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 813
Are the tee colors locked in? I like the idea of following the traditional color scheme for tees, in which case gold is for pro level tees and blue is for advanced level tees.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 39
I like the original different coloreld font on the pro and am tees. It looked nicer and differentiated nicely imho.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:56 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 23.9
Courses Played: 148
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
Are the tee colors locked in? I like the idea of following the traditional color scheme for tees, in which case gold is for pro level tees and blue is for advanced level tees.

I would tend to agree on this point. Since PDGA has standards out there for hole length and skill levels for wooded and open holes, what ever this course was designed for should be on the tee sign markers... Gold, Blue, White, Red are most common levels

Nice signs, I just tend to like more standard colors/tee designations. Ball golf seems to have gotten that right and is standard on every course, we have similar standards, and it would be nice for travelers and tournaments to utilize those standards. Just an opinion though...