#91  
Old 09-10-2012, 08:56 PM
bholy08's Avatar
bholy08 bholy08 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gulfport, MS
Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,061
Never seen one in the South, at least anywhere that I have been.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 09-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Barliman's Avatar
Barliman Barliman is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Metro, Minnesota
Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
You need to play more courses then. They are all over our benches/tables on almost every course I've been to now.
The only one that I can remember seeing in MN is at Hansen Park.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 09-10-2012, 09:23 PM
UnitedPuppySlayer's Avatar
UnitedPuppySlayer UnitedPuppySlayer is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mpls, Minnesota
Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,741
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barliman View Post
The only one that I can remember seeing in MN is at Hansen Park.
They're also at kaposia, the valley, acorn, Lakewood, highland, lions park, red oak, and Plymouth creek. Those are only the ones that I remember seeing.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 09-10-2012, 09:31 PM
captain jack's Avatar
captain jack captain jack is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pac NW
Years Playing: 32.6
Courses Played: 24
Posts: 1,687
These " chargers " started showing up around here earlier this year.

The ones I have seen were only for minis, no full size discs.

I guess because we dont have as much bright sun up here, you can only generate enough energy to recharge a mini.

The only problem I see is my mini never really needs recharging, it never has to do work, it just sits there, so why does it need recharging ?

I hate that these chargers are on the bench's though, they take up alot of space, and its a real letdown when I'm tired, near the end of a round, and I just want to sit, and everybody has thier minis charging.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 09-10-2012, 09:33 PM
prerube's Avatar
prerube prerube is offline
The Man, the Myth, the Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Clinton, MD
Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 213
Posts: 11,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain jack View Post
These " chargers " started showing up around here earlier this year.

The ones I have seen were only for minis, no full size discs.

I guess because we dont have as much bright sun up here, you can only generate enough energy to recharge a mini.

The only problem I see is my mini never really needs recharging, it never has to do work, it just sits there, so why does it need recharging ?

I hate that these chargers are on the bench's though, they take up alot of space, and its a real letdown when I'm tired, near the end of a round, and I just want to sit, and everybody has thier minis charging.
There is your problem, you guys sat on the chargers, now they don't work.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 09-10-2012, 09:37 PM
elevated plastic's Avatar
elevated plastic elevated plastic is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Truckee, CA
Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 137
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,461
They're everywhere unfortunately. They are an eye sore and pointless. Go find a piece of paper or a train to write crap on.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 09-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Old Bassman's Avatar
Old Bassman Old Bassman is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Near Mt Airy DGC Ohio
Years Playing: 34.6
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugz36984 View Post
Unfortunately Greater Cincinnati is flooded with them. It's quite sad really. We have a lot of volunteers here that put in hours and hours of time to maintain and clean up our local courses, and we have idiots vandalizing our benches/teepads/tee signs/etc with the "disc charger."
Hey Bugz. If it was only just the charger!!! There are too many ******** who think disc golf courses are their coloring books. They should tag their own possesions.

Rant off..
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 09-10-2012, 09:40 PM
davetherocketguy's Avatar
davetherocketguy davetherocketguy is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southwest Michigan
Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 864
All of you are missing the most important question...Will it work on a Groove? Or any of the Aeorbee line of discs?

If they do, they are truly magical.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 09-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Old Bassman's Avatar
Old Bassman Old Bassman is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Near Mt Airy DGC Ohio
Years Playing: 34.6
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
All of you are missing the most important question...Will it work on a Groove? Or any of the Aeorbee line of discs?

If they do, they are truly magical.
No...
Reply With Quote
 

  #100  
Old 09-10-2012, 09:51 PM
juju's Avatar
juju juju is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,337
Any of these exist is San Diego?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.