Old 05-26-2014, 09:52 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 2
Ocean County Disc Golf Course

Disc golf is growing rapidly in South Jersey. This course has recently added 8 of the final 9 baskets. The last basket is elevated and should be up this week. The tee pads have yet to be installed so you have to go with somebody that knows the layouts. The new holes offer more variety and spend more time in the woods. It branches off from hole 5 to four new holes. Then it reconnects to old hole 6. Then it goes off to three more new holes before bringing you back to old holes 7 and 8. Then it's two more new holes in and out of the woods before bringing you back to old hole 9. Holes 18, 16, 11, 7 are over 400 feet and holes 2 and 3 are just under. Possible ace runs on holes 17, 8 and 5. There are a mix of tight tunnel shots and wide open shots. Lot's of OB and interesting obstacles. Overall, the new 9 really balance out the course and make it much more ineteresting. Our local pro scored -6 his first time out, but I expect he will lower that score pretty drastically. If you have the chance to come to South Jersey, play Ocean County Park and Stafford Woods, two new great 18 hole courses.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:54 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 102
Where does Jersey change from "north" to "south", I-195? Why is Jersey just "north" or "south" -- no "east" or "west"?

It's 65 miles from Stafford . . . not that there's anything wrong with that -- it's just not exactly in the same neighborhood.

Who's the "local pro"? If it's Brinster I'm impressed, if it's Gannotta, not so much!

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/review...=6344&mode=rev