Old 10-16-2016, 06:54 PM

Years Playing: 0.4
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Default Westpunt Curacao disc golf

I've built the first disc course here on Curacao. The baskets aren't like the ones I saw in the states but they work. I posted the course here and now I can not get it to show up. Any ideas why? We get a lot of tourists here and we would love to see some good players visit our course.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2016, 07:14 PM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 120

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=8717

^this one? Looks to be coming up.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:24 PM

Thanks got a little flustered there. A lot like my putting in the wind ;0) Everything is good now!
Old 10-17-2016, 01:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 13

Nice job on those baskets, very well done for home made, looks like they will do the job just fine.

It looks like timg needs to add Curacao to the countries search for courses, otherwise I'm not sure how this course could be found here.

No doubt the trade winds will always be a factor, I remember Aruba being very windy 24/7/365 and Curacao is a close neighbor. Only been in Curacao once but never got out of the plane, it was a quick stop to pick up some passengers.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:37 PM

Thanks consult20 it has been a fun project. I learned how to weld with this one. Not sure the baskets will last very long? In the coming year I hope to draw a lot of interest with the locals as well as tourist. Then I will raise funds to build 18 holes with proper targets. Innova has set me up with a dealer account so we can supply the locals with discs. Next time your in the A,B,C's stop in for a game. I'll be happy to show you around and even buy a beer or two. Cheers!
Old 10-17-2016, 05:57 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 38.6
Courses Played: 1006

I think the problem is Curacao is an island in the Netherlands Antilles so you can find the course listed under the Netherland Antilles. And actually, the Netherland Antilles is technically not a country. It must be a territory of Netherlands, like Puerto Rico or Guam is to the US. This according to Sporcle.com, my favorite trivia site. However, I still want to get down there and play the course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consult20 View Post
Nice job on those baskets, very well done for home made, looks like they will do the job just fine.

It looks like timg needs to add Curacao to the countries search for courses, otherwise I'm not sure how this course could be found here.

No doubt the trade winds will always be a factor, I remember Aruba being very windy 24/7/365 and Curacao is a close neighbor. Only been in Curacao once but never got out of the plane, it was a quick stop to pick up some passengers.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westpunt Curacao View Post
Thanks consult20 it has been a fun project. I learned how to weld with this one. Not sure the baskets will last very long? In the coming year I hope to draw a lot of interest with the locals as well as tourist. Then I will raise funds to build 18 holes with proper targets. Innova has set me up with a dealer account so we can supply the locals with discs. Next time your in the A,B,C's stop in for a game. I'll be happy to show you around and even buy a beer or two. Cheers!
Thanks WC, I will put it on my bucket list!

I think your baskets will hold up fine, really nice job on them.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:21 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Valkyrie Kid View Post
I think the problem is Curacao is an island in the Netherlands Antilles so you can find the course listed under the Netherland Antilles. And actually, the Netherland Antilles is technically not a country. It must be a territory of Netherlands, like Puerto Rico or Guam is to the US. This according to Sporcle.com, my favorite trivia site. However, I still want to get down there and play the course.
That is outdated then, it used to be the capital of the netherland Antilles but they separated in the 2000s and are now an independent country like Aruba.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:07 AM

Default yup

October 10 2010 Curacao became independent. This site administration could look into updating the country list. We are no longer a member of the Netherlands Antilles.

Old 10-18-2016, 12:22 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 38.6
Courses Played: 1006

Okay, I find where in 2010 the Netherlands Antilles was disbanded. Now according to Wikipedia, Curacao is a constituent country of the Kingdom of Netherlands. Is that something like Bermuda and it's relationship with the UK? The line between being an independent country and being recognized by the UN and everyone seems to be a fine line indeed with countries like Taiwan and Palestine being recognized by some but not all.

I think DGCR should appoint a representative from our fine website, subsidize the trip, in order to fly down to Curacao and report back to DGCR with his findings and of course, write a review on the disc golf course there. If chosen, I would be honored to serve.