Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Site Specific > DGCR Meets

Old 09-18-2012, 12:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Hope you can throw a ways, because CP is long.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:50 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
Not to far, but I line a challenge.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 1149
Does CP Adams at 2pm Wednesday work for y'all? Get out there before the school kids. Again, I don't really know my schedule, my boss could have something planned for me at that time, unless it's time sensitive I should be free.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
I can do it.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:47 AM
Birdie Member

I'll be there.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 40.3
Courses Played: 190
So, you moved to MN just in time to avoid those Hawaii winters? Smart.....

Come on out to Wirth Par 3 at 5-6 pm Thursday for "league". I'll be there to show you around the course. (You may have to put up with a non-stop commentary on why the holes are the way they are.)

Everyone welcome, especially players who don't normally play leagues. Non-competitive, free, no prizes, no ball golfers allowed, half-price admission to the course ($2.68). Or, pick up the $10 rest-of-season pass which is good for unlimited play at both Wirth Par 3 and Fort Snelling.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve West View Post
So, you moved to MN just in time to avoid those Hawaii winters? Smart.....

Come on out to Wirth Par 3 at 5-6 pm Thursday for "league". I'll be there to show you around the course. (You may have to put up with a non-stop commentary on why the holes are the way they are.)

Everyone welcome, especially players who don't normally play leagues. Non-competitive, free, no prizes, no ball golfers allowed, half-price admission to the course ($2.68). Or, pick up the $10 rest-of-season pass which is good for unlimited play at both Wirth Par 3 and Fort Snelling.
I might try to make this week. No guarantees because of family. However, if I do, I will definitely be pushing 6pm. I do not even get into Maple Grove (coming from Mille Lacs) until 5:30.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Birdie Member

Thanks for the invite Steve, I'll do my best to be there! I missed all the seasons last year, in my mind I moved just in the knick of time to catch some fall/winter weather.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneWallKid View Post
Thanks for the invite Steve, I'll do my best to be there! I missed all the seasons last year, in my mind I moved just in the knick of time to catch some fall/winter weather.
It stays rather lively around here in the winter despite the weather. The big local league is the ChiliDog. There are also numerous big tournaments like the Winter Blaster, Bloomington Open, the Ice Bowls/ Winter Carnival, and the Mulligan Stew in March.

The hybrid courses like Theo, Snelling, Elm Creek, and HSSA will close for the winter. This includes Bryant Lake and may include Kaposia and The Valley, but I am not sure of those two. However, most of the smaller courses will stay open. Plymouth is usually my favorite, but mainly due to location than anything else. Of course Blue Ribbon Pines will be open 365 (366 on a leap year).

Personally, once my Am League is done in October, I am stuck with rec rounds until it starts up again in March. I like the Bloomington Open because it is a temp 18 hole course that has been around for years and years. Nice layout and I wish it could be a permanent course. I think I have only missed one WinterBlaster in five years. You never know what kind of weather you are going to get. One year the ground was bare but a blizzard moved in a tee time. By the time we were finished the snow was half way up to our knees. I have made GGGT's Winter Carnival for the last three years and that is a layout I truly love, weaving in and out of Como Park. The last two I have even done the overnight marathon round (151 the first year and 218 holes the second), but I do not think I am going to attempt that this year. My absolutely favorite tournament is the Mulligan Stew at BRP, but because of Cub Scouts (now I have two sons in it), I have missed it the last two years.

Oh well. You will find a lot of people who still get out even if the temperatures are in the negatives.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 1149
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneWallKid View Post
I'll be there.
See ya there.