Old 04-23-2013, 08:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHBH
Gummy Star Eagle X vs Champ Eagle L

I recently started throwing Eagles and ive got a few Stars. One happens to be pretty gummy, and the others feel like most star plastic would. The gummy one will noticeably hold anny lines longer than the other star eagles and i really like it for that. Someone had suggested I try the Champ Eagle L, as it may perform like my gummy Star Eagle X.

*For example, at my local course we have a nice 400ft downhill(perfect for LHBH players, not so easy for RHBH like myself) shot for the last hole and I have been throwing the gummy eagle X on a long anny line that slowly fades back towards the basket and I have come pretty damn close to acing it recently However when I throw my other normal star eagle x's on the same line they tend to start fading a good bit earlier.

I prefer star plastic over champ plastic, but id be willing to give it a try if it might act similar to my gummy Eagle X.

How do you think the discs would compare? Ive never thrown a Champ Eagle L so I have no idea right now.

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 55
They will probably fly similar or more understable. L's are usually gummy anyways because they're in the old 12x plastic blend which is the best run of 12x plastic.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 38
Hmm maybe ill have to go see what the local store has and give one a try..my wallet will not be a fan.

Thanks for the help and the tip on the plastic!

Last edited by dekdo; 04-23-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 51
I find that the tye-dye champ discs are typically gummier than regular champ, but they're tye-dye
Old 04-24-2013, 01:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 33
I was just thinking about this today actually. My fairways are eagle X's and L's. I love the gummy eagle X's, they are great for big S shots in the woods. I use the L's for hyzer flips and annies that don't come back.

I think there is room for both. A beat star eagle X is close to a champ eagle L, but once you beat in that L it will be a totally different disc.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:43 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 41
I may be off base here, but if you like throwing Star plastic better you might have good luck with a * TL for those longer less stable lines.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 87
I picked up a gummy star eagle. Threw it in the trade pile after throwing it and seeing how flippy it was.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:27 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 12
I have an f2 eagle that I'm pretty sure is an L, but its like 70/30 opaque, so it sorta looks like star. That eagle has less high speed stability, however its low speed stable enough it comes out of annys every time. My for sure star x molds, do the same but fade out earlier.

It sounds like your gummy eagle is very much like an eagle l already. I would expect a similar flight from a new ch eagle L