Courses Played: 117
Here you go Bill:
http://www.usdgc.com/wp-content/uplo...ion-7.5.12.pdf
Old 10-01-2012, 02:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.8
Courses Played: 147
Is this the catch all thread for USDGC?

Are we getting any live video this year? Dots for old times sake? I tried dgplanet but it wouldn't load.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:08 PM
I think I'm important

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to _MTL_ Send a message via Yahoo to _MTL_
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGRZ001 View Post
I am so confused. There is an Open flight and a Performance flight. If I understand it correctly, the Open flight qualification is similar to how it always has been, and the Performance flight will function the same way as it did last year, is this correct? The Performance flight finish will be determined on how much one beats one's rating?

OK, I think I got it so far, but how does (did) one qualify for the Performance flight? The ratings are all over the place, so did you have to petition or ask somehow to be accepted to play in the Performance flight? I would _love_ to play the USDGC setup in a USDGC, but the only way I will be able to do that would be as a Performance flight player, but I had no idea how to qualify for that group!?
Open flight is very simple - best score wins. Qualification was only top 20 in 2010, top 5 not already qualified at all NT's, Worlds, Southern Nationals and one of the Europeon events, and Monday qualifying.

Performance flight is based off ratings - You find a player and their rating and then you get a projection from here http://www.usdgc.com/competitors/per...ht-projections

If a player shoots their projection, they shoot even. If they shoot 2 worse, they shoot +2. If they shoot 2 better, they shoot -2. Scores are then sorted by +/-.

Performance qualifcation was top 20 last year, all State Rep spots, all qualifying event TD's, all PDGA state coordinators and all event sponsor reps.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 119
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by giles View Post
Is this the catch all thread for USDGC?

Are we getting any live video this year? Dots for old times sake? I tried dgplanet but it wouldn't load.
DGPlanet will be covering it live (and free). Their schedule says their coverage will start around 11:30AM EDT on Wednesday.

http://discgolfplanet.tv/2012-united...f-championship
Old 10-01-2012, 02:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 32.8
Will the TV coverage have flyovers of the holes?
Old 10-01-2012, 02:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MTL_ View Post
Performance qualifcation was top 20 last year, all State Rep spots, all qualifying event TD's, all PDGA state coordinators and all event sponsor reps.
State coordinators did not receive invitations to play. They had the task of choosing the State Rep (and obviously could have chosen themselves), but they did not have a spot of their own to claim.

And if they did, the USDGC staff did a poor job of communicating it since it is not listed on the Qualifying Information sheet.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 32.8
I believe they were a late add.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:33 PM
I think I'm important

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
State coordinators did not receive invitations to play. They had the task of choosing the State Rep (and obviously could have chosen themselves), but they did not have a spot of their own to claim.

And if they did, the USDGC staff did a poor job of communicating it since it is not listed on the Qualifying Information sheet.
I'm a State Coordinator and yes, we were invited in addition to our reps.

Look at the qualification page.

I'm listed (Robert Leonard) as a PDGA State Coordinator and Stephen Williams is listed as the NC State Rep.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:35 PM
I think I'm important

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodney View Post
I believe they were a late add.
Correct. The field looked like it wasn't going to fill so they invited us. One of the biggest honors I've ever received.

I bust my butt 51 weeks a year for disc golf as a SC and it's nice to take a week off and get to have some fun!

Old 10-01-2012, 03:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MTL_ View Post
Correct. The field looked like it wasn't going to fill so they invited us. One of the biggest honors I've ever received.

I bust my butt 51 weeks a year for disc golf as a SC and it's nice to take a week off and get to have some fun!
Apparently, they didn't invite them all, or these particular invites came after the August 31 deadline. I was the coordinator here up to August 31 so I got to determine the State Rep spot, but someone else took over after the recent election. If the new guy got invited (he didn't take it if he was) days after he got the job instead of the guy who had the job for the two+ years prior, that's kind of a shame.

Not that I could have scrambled on short notice to make the trip, but it would have been nice to have the option. Oh well.

I'll stand by what I said that the USDGC staff did a poor job communicating the option once it became available.