Old 10-01-2012, 03:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 32.6
Courses Played: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
Apparently, they didn't invite them all, or these particular invites came after the August 31 deadline.
I know one that knew by Aug 12.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:09 PM
I think I'm important

Years Playing: 21.2
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to _MTL_ Send a message via Yahoo to _MTL_
Quote:
Apparently, they didn't invite them all, or these particular invites came after the August 31 deadline. I was the coordinator here up to August 31 so I got to determine the State Rep spot, but someone else took over after the recent election. If the new guy got invited (he didn't take it if he was) days after he got the job instead of the guy who had the job for the two+ years prior, that's kind of a shame.

Not that I could have scrambled on short notice to make the trip, but it would have been nice to have the option. Oh well.

I'll stand by what I said that the USDGC staff did a poor job communicating the option once it became available.
We were invited in early September. It was sent to current SC's. We received an Email. The emails were Blind CC'd, but I had a few near by SC's email me afterward talking about it - so it was obvious multiple SC's recevied it.

If you were not a current SC, then you didn't get the email. Sounds like the argument is over someone who is a new SC compared to someone who just left.

I wasn't up for election this year, so I didn't hesitate to take the spot, especially since I didn't award the SR spot to myself, which I easily could have done.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodney View Post
I know one that knew by Aug 12.
Hmmm, I think I may have been mis-informed. (i.e. wrong).
Old 10-02-2012, 07:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Is this still the generic USDGC thread?

Can't wait to see the tee times for tomorrow. Which Performance Flight player(s) will beat a Championship Flight player on their card, straight up, in Round 1?
Old 10-02-2012, 07:41 AM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.3
Courses Played: 572
Those who like to discuss "par" will either be ecstatic or horrified when they see each group could have two or even three par values for each hole depending on the performance players in the group.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:31 AM
* Ace Member *

No chatter about the Monday Qualifying? I mean, I don't care -- but I thought y'all would.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:12 AM

Hey Josh, You are right. We should have done a better of job of making sure that some long-serving coordinators were not overlooked. I apologize. Having served as South Carolina's Coordinator, I appreciate the hard work that State Coordinators do. We'll put this on our list to improve for USDGC 2013. Take care, Harold

Quote:
Apparently, they didn't invite them all, or these particular invites came after the August 31 deadline. I was the coordinator here up to August 31 so I got to determine the State Rep spot, but someone else took over after the recent election. If the new guy got invited (he didn't take it if he was) days after he got the job instead of the guy who had the job for the two+ years prior, that's kind of a shame.

Not that I could have scrambled on short notice to make the trip, but it would have been nice to have the option. Oh well.

I'll stand by what I said that the USDGC staff did a poor job communicating the option once it became available.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 132
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodney View Post
No chatter about the Monday Qualifying? I mean, I don't care -- but I thought y'all would.

Had a good time shoot a 69 with only two bogey holes but they were a 6 and a 7 which cost me a spot (mental errors). Weather sucked and so did J. Anton and Phil Arthur still having to qualify on Monday
Old 10-02-2012, 12:01 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.3
Courses Played: 572
Hi Harold, no early morning rounds for you this year?

Good luck with the event. Hoping this new split format and rules setup is a winner.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Suggestion for improvement: Publish the tee times earlier. This would be especially helpful for spectators who need to make arrangements (in advance) to get to Rock Hill to see their favorite competitor(s).