Disc Golf Store
Old 10-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Small Bags: How many discs do you ACTUALLY carry?

I'm looking at the small bags from Voodoo, Revolution, and GB. I know what the manufacturer's list the carrying capacity at but I am interested in your real life experience. I know that with my little Innova bag that I've had for years, the "capacity" is 8-10, but I can get 13 or 14 with not much hassle.

A few observations from my research on getting a new small bag: Voodoo, Revolution and GB could sell these bags if they had them in stock! What's up with that? There is a big niche for a company to fill if they had a 10-14 disc bag, and they had them in stock.

So, how many discs do you actually carry in your Juju, Mini, Mini-deluxe, and Squirrel/Spider Monkey (assuming the Squirrel/Spider Monkey actually exists)?

Last edited by Matt B.; 10-01-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 24
I had a gorilla boy Spider monkey. It held one putter in the putter pocket, then it held 10-11 discs in the mail compartment. depending on number of mids and drivers. But i didn't like how my discs bounced around so much after throwing two off the tee and leaving 8-9 in the bag. they bounce every step you take and it kinda bugged the hell out of me. I upgraded to a GB chimpanzee to avoid the flop flop flop sound of the discs and to hold a few more also.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 1
I usually carry 4 putters including the Zeppelin, so those tend to take up more room. I put about 11-12 discs in my Fade Lite when I want a full compliment.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 5
I agree with you Innova assessment - I can fit 12+ without squeezing.

I'd also like to see some nice options ~15 discs at $100 or less. A smaller backpack would be nice
Old 10-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Wizard of Plastic Land

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 34
posted something off topic, realized, deleted.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 9
I guess that's why Fade crunchboxes are doing alright.

I usually have about 11-12 in the main section plus 1-2 putters in the putter pocket.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 67
I've carried as many as 16 in my Revo Mini Deluxe, including 4 putters. No room for anything else though. A few of the guys I play with carry the Fade Crunchbox, and they're all carrying between 8-14. I also have a Revo Mini that I carry from time to time, usually around 12, with 2-3 putters.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Eagle Member

I carry 12 discs in the main compartment of my Simian, an extra of each of my drivers (4 molds) in one of the side pockets, and a putter in each of the two putter pockets. So, a total of 18 discs. If I'm going out for just a quick round, I carry six (4 drivers, 1 mid, & 1 putter) in a nutsac.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 40
I have quite a few in my rev deluxe (2 bottle holders) mini but im a bit crafty with it.
Outside slim pocket: undertow
outside zipper pocket: 2 challengers and a golf towell lining the pocket
Main: wasp, comet, pred, avgr ss, cane, pred, clone, stratus, wasp, zone
zipper pocket: clone, surge, torque
outside slim: small towell and cigs

i was carrying my ashtray in the pocket so the side zipper housed towells & drink.
Now with a zip tie ashtray holder i was able to use the side pocket and try some understable molds.

My bud that i got the bag from couldnt believe how easy i made it seem; everything fits comfy but could go one more for a tight fit.

Last edited by craftsman; 10-01-2012 at 03:20 PM. Reason: 16 total: 2 ptr, 5 md, 2 frwy, 7 dv

Old 10-01-2012, 03:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 83
I carry the max in my Rev Carolina, including some in the side pockets. However, that includes many back-ups and specialty discs.

I also have a Crunch Box that is perfectly capable of carrying the core of what I have in my Carolina. So I actually carry this bag the most. One of each unless noted: 2x Ions, Meteor, Ghost, Hornet, Pro TeeBird, Champion TeeBird, Pro Valkyrie, Champion Valkyrie, Champion Firebird, Pinnacle Canon, and VIP Giant. That's 12 discs total. The Crunch Box has just enough room to squeeze in the accordian style dividers. This helps the bag maintain its shape, keeps discs in place, and gives me a quick count of what I am carrying so I do not forget a disc behind (especially if I am taking multiple shots during a practice round).

I do have a NutSac, but I have found in the last year that it is nearly impossible to narrow it down to five or six discs. I used to be able to, but I am know between the philosophy of doing the work for the disc and carrying only a few molds and allowing the disc to do the work by throwing the same but carrying several molds. The NutSac is still good when I play an all Vibram round (in which I only carry five discs) or play a night round where I carry only four.