Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 10-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHFH
I have a Squirrel Monkey, reduced from an Innova Competition. I only carry discs, pick up bags, and two 32oz Nalgenes full of water (essential with a Boxer mix in tow). I can easily fit five drivers and four mids/putters in the main compartment, two drivers/mids/putters (my testers) in the zipper pocket (three drivers), and two putters in the front.

I've had the bag for going on two years, and I still love it. It still looks like new. I will eventually look into a larger bag and will probably look at a Simian. Gorilla Boy's bags are well worth the wait.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 22.2
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
I have a Squirrel Monkey, reduced from an Innova Competition. I only carry discs, pick up bags, and two 32oz Nalgenes full of water (essential with a Boxer mix in tow). I can easily fit five drivers and four mids/putters in the main compartment, two drivers/mids/putters (my testers) in the zipper pocket (three drivers), and two putters in the front.

I've had the bag for going on two years, and I still love it. It still looks like new. I will eventually look into a larger bag and will probably look at a Simian. Gorilla Boy's bags are well worth the wait.
Good info, thanks!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.7
I have a revo carolina and find the disc capacity perfect.i carry 15 discs in the main compartment 6 being distance and fairway drivers the rest being mids and putters.as for the putter pocket i carry two kc pro aviars which fit percectly.also when i get a new disc to i stick it in the side compartment and dont even know its in there as theyre huge.hope this helps.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Birdie Member

Uh, yeah. I have one too.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:48 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarps View Post
I have a revo carolina and find the disc capacity perfect.i carry 15 discs in the main compartment 6 being distance and fairway drivers the rest being mids and putters.as for the putter pocket i carry two kc pro aviars which fit percectly.also when i get a new disc to i stick it in the side compartment and dont even know its in there as theyre huge.hope this helps.
Is there anything you dont like about it?
Old 10-03-2012, 12:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 82
I often play with one disc during practice rounds. I've played with as few as one in tournament, and had some of my best tournament rounds with just two discs. There's something about throwing the same disc over and over that improves my muscle memory and increases my consistency and accuracy. I can't really carry 20 discs comfortably with all the water I carry. So even with a "full bag" in tournament, and carrying multiples of practically each mold, I tend to keep it under 15 discs, and usually have 7-9 at the average B or C tier.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:24 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 45
Thumbs up JuJu

I've slimmed my bag down from a carolina to a mojo to a juju. I love the JuJu and will probably never purchase a non-voodoo bag again. With quads it's perfect.

If i use the internal frame that comes with the bag i can hold 2 mids, 7 drivers, and squeeze 2 putters into the putter pocket, for a total of 11 discs. here is a picture of the internal frame with discs, outside of the bag:

What I've done is take out the internal frame and only use the two smaller pieces from it on the floor of the bag and on the water bottle interior side:

I can now fit 2 mids, 9 drivers, and 2 putters (less of a squeeze) for a total of 13 discs:

The rigidity of the bag isn't quite the same as with the frame in, but the bag doesn't fall over or anything so it works beautifully.

In the side pocket i can fit a bottle of bug spray, my phone, keys, wallet, a long sleeve t shirt, a granola bar, and a stash mini. Birdie bag in the outside mesh pocket. Hands down the best small bag out there. Hope this helps.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 82
I've been using a fade crunch and didn't like it having only one drink holder, so I got a 2 quart round canteen to stick in the disc compartment. Still plenty of room for the few molds I typically carry. Not much room for duplicates, but I'm not that worried about losing a few discs during a tournament round. I keep duplicates in the car, so I can always replace them between rounds, or earlier if we swing by the parking lot during the round, or if I have a caddy to go get it for me.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHFH
I carry the Mojo from Voodoo. I normally carry between 13 and 15 discs. The Mojo is a bit heavy, but it is so well designed its worth the extra weight. The 2 side pockets can carry just about anything you'd want to carry including a light jacket. Also for those times when you wish you had a few more discs, each side pocket can easily carry 3-4 discs. So your total disc carrying capacity is well over 20. And if you take the main pocket internal frame (corrugated plastic & fabric) I'm sure you can add 2 or 3 more.

As far as small bags go you can't beat the Mojo for price, durability, & flexibility.

Prior to the Mojo I carried a Fade Crunch Box. Nice bag, but it lacks any real storage for all the crap I like to carry, especially 2 water bottles. And I was very disappointed in its durability.

Last edited by simpletwist; 10-03-2012 at 10:41 AM.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb View Post
I often play with one disc during practice rounds. I've played with as few as one in tournament, and had some of my best tournament rounds with just two discs. There's something about throwing the same disc over and over that improves my muscle memory and increases my consistency and accuracy. I can't really carry 20 discs comfortably with all the water I carry. So even with a "full bag" in tournament, and carrying multiples of practically each mold, I tend to keep it under 15 discs, and usually have 7-9 at the average B or C tier.
That's really interesting.