Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #41  
Old 10-02-2012, 02:40 PM
tbird888's Avatar
tbird888 tbird888 is offline
Salient Disc Test Team
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cincinnati
Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHFH
Posts: 10,363
I have a Squirrel Monkey, reduced from an Innova Competition. I only carry discs, pick up bags, and two 32oz Nalgenes full of water (essential with a Boxer mix in tow). I can easily fit five drivers and four mids/putters in the main compartment, two drivers/mids/putters (my testers) in the zipper pocket (three drivers), and two putters in the front.

I've had the bag for going on two years, and I still love it. It still looks like new. I will eventually look into a larger bag and will probably look at a Simian. Gorilla Boy's bags are well worth the wait.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Matt B. Matt B. is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Years Playing: 22.2
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
I have a Squirrel Monkey, reduced from an Innova Competition. I only carry discs, pick up bags, and two 32oz Nalgenes full of water (essential with a Boxer mix in tow). I can easily fit five drivers and four mids/putters in the main compartment, two drivers/mids/putters (my testers) in the zipper pocket (three drivers), and two putters in the front.

I've had the bag for going on two years, and I still love it. It still looks like new. I will eventually look into a larger bag and will probably look at a Simian. Gorilla Boy's bags are well worth the wait.
Good info, thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Scarps's Avatar
Scarps Scarps is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: deep elem
Years Playing: 7.7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 141
I have a revo carolina and find the disc capacity perfect.i carry 15 discs in the main compartment 6 being distance and fairway drivers the rest being mids and putters.as for the putter pocket i carry two kc pro aviars which fit percectly.also when i get a new disc to i stick it in the side compartment and dont even know its in there as theyre huge.hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Matt B. Matt B. is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Years Playing: 22.2
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 402
Uh, yeah. I have one too.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-02-2012, 11:48 PM
Natten's Avatar
Natten Natten is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Herndon, VA
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarps View Post
I have a revo carolina and find the disc capacity perfect.i carry 15 discs in the main compartment 6 being distance and fairway drivers the rest being mids and putters.as for the putter pocket i carry two kc pro aviars which fit percectly.also when i get a new disc to i stick it in the side compartment and dont even know its in there as theyre huge.hope this helps.
Is there anything you dont like about it?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-03-2012, 12:54 AM
jenb's Avatar
jenb jenb is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DFW TX USA
Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,363
I often play with one disc during practice rounds. I've played with as few as one in tournament, and had some of my best tournament rounds with just two discs. There's something about throwing the same disc over and over that improves my muscle memory and increases my consistency and accuracy. I can't really carry 20 discs comfortably with all the water I carry. So even with a "full bag" in tournament, and carrying multiples of practically each mold, I tend to keep it under 15 discs, and usually have 7-9 at the average B or C tier.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-03-2012, 05:24 AM
Arocep's Avatar
Arocep Arocep is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Plainfield, Illinois
Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 45
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 348
Thumbs up JuJu

I've slimmed my bag down from a carolina to a mojo to a juju. I love the JuJu and will probably never purchase a non-voodoo bag again. With quads it's perfect.

If i use the internal frame that comes with the bag i can hold 2 mids, 7 drivers, and squeeze 2 putters into the putter pocket, for a total of 11 discs. here is a picture of the internal frame with discs, outside of the bag:


What I've done is take out the internal frame and only use the two smaller pieces from it on the floor of the bag and on the water bottle interior side:




I can now fit 2 mids, 9 drivers, and 2 putters (less of a squeeze) for a total of 13 discs:


The rigidity of the bag isn't quite the same as with the frame in, but the bag doesn't fall over or anything so it works beautifully.

In the side pocket i can fit a bottle of bug spray, my phone, keys, wallet, a long sleeve t shirt, a granola bar, and a stash mini. Birdie bag in the outside mesh pocket. Hands down the best small bag out there. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-03-2012, 08:24 AM
jenb's Avatar
jenb jenb is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DFW TX USA
Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,363
I've been using a fade crunch and didn't like it having only one drink holder, so I got a 2 quart round canteen to stick in the disc compartment. Still plenty of room for the few molds I typically carry. Not much room for duplicates, but I'm not that worried about losing a few discs during a tournament round. I keep duplicates in the car, so I can always replace them between rounds, or earlier if we swing by the parking lot during the round, or if I have a caddy to go get it for me.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-03-2012, 10:38 AM
simpletwist's Avatar
simpletwist simpletwist is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHFH
Posts: 2,587
I carry the Mojo from Voodoo. I normally carry between 13 and 15 discs. The Mojo is a bit heavy, but it is so well designed its worth the extra weight. The 2 side pockets can carry just about anything you'd want to carry including a light jacket. Also for those times when you wish you had a few more discs, each side pocket can easily carry 3-4 discs. So your total disc carrying capacity is well over 20. And if you take the main pocket internal frame (corrugated plastic & fabric) I'm sure you can add 2 or 3 more.

As far as small bags go you can't beat the Mojo for price, durability, & flexibility.

Prior to the Mojo I carried a Fade Crunch Box. Nice bag, but it lacks any real storage for all the crap I like to carry, especially 2 water bottles. And I was very disappointed in its durability.

Last edited by simpletwist; 10-03-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
 

  #50  
Old 10-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Matt B. Matt B. is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Years Playing: 22.2
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb View Post
I often play with one disc during practice rounds. I've played with as few as one in tournament, and had some of my best tournament rounds with just two discs. There's something about throwing the same disc over and over that improves my muscle memory and increases my consistency and accuracy. I can't really carry 20 discs comfortably with all the water I carry. So even with a "full bag" in tournament, and carrying multiples of practically each mold, I tend to keep it under 15 discs, and usually have 7-9 at the average B or C tier.
That's really interesting.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.