Old 10-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 315
I can just see tournaments where the TD sends a measuring tape reel out with each card.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
It looks like B1 removes the jump putting due the foot restricted to the 30x30 cm square upon release.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 146
It is an old argument on the PDGA forum
Jump Putting is illegal, putt jumping is legal (outside the circle)

Some guys will argue that stance violations and foot faults will hold the sport back/ are holding the sport back.

These same people also seem to think that stand and deliver is the answer, not losening up the rules around what is a legal stance.

I don't think anyting will change, if it does, you will probably see it at the USDGC first.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 116
Throwing Style: LHBH
So everyone is going to ignore the final line of bruceuk's (the poster at PDGA) post, which was copied verbatim here: "None of these have reached a proposal stage yet"

This isn't going to be in the new updated rule book. It's not even at a stage where it's being considered to be added officially to the rule book at any time. It's just people throwing ideas around.

But by all means, let's hysterically over-react at a mere thought exercise that might one day evolve into a real proposal that might potentially become a real rule at some indeterminate future date. Ahhhhh.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:04 PM
I think I'm important

Years Playing: 21.2
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to _MTL_ Send a message via Yahoo to _MTL_
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
HEY PDGA RULES COMMITTEE,

IF IT AIN'T BROKE,
THEN DON'T FIX IT!!!!
Not saying I support this proposal....

But it is broke.

A few years back someone took a video of a hole where jump putts were very common. I think it was at an NT and the hole was 450 wide open - so most players were getting longer putts for deuce.

They used a high tech camera and slowed the film way down. I'm not sure of the exact number, but according to what I heard from an extremely reliable source, over 50% of jump putts were illegal b/c the player was releasing the disc after leaving the ground. Now in real time, it is impossible to see it, but in slow motion, it was evidently pretty clear.

Now the argument becomes is it really worth rewording b/c someone is releasing .03 seconds after they should, which is where I stand on the subject, personally.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerube View Post
This will never happen. They are not going to add a rule that everyone hates just because one person hates jump putts....
(looks around at angry smokers)...ok they would not pass a rule everyone hates TWICE.
Recent pDGA rules history

Someone hates distance driving...Super Class invented...and failed.

Someone hates distance driving...stand and deliver proposed...never adopted.

Pros hate USDGC stroke and distance rules...now its a "distance only" penality, no stroke for OB (if reteeing).

Now someone hates jump putting...why not level the playing field and have everyone else play the less skilled way you do...

worst part is...the author of the 'proposal' said himself there is no negative feedback...quote" I have pitched this whole concept to a variety of players from AM2 through to Pro and no one has voiced any concerns."
Old 10-01-2012, 02:07 PM
The Man, the Myth, the Legend

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudslinger View Post
Recent pDGA rules history

Someone hates distance driving...Super Class invented...and failed.

Someone hates distance driving...stand and deliver proposed...never adopted.

Pros hate USDGC stroke and distance rules...now its a "distance only" penality, no stroke for OB (if reteeing).

Now someone hates jump putting...why not level the playing field and have everyone else play the less skilled way you do...

worst part is...the author of the 'proposal' said himself there is no negative feedback...quote" I have pitched this whole concept to a variety of players from AM2 through to Pro and no one has voiced any concerns."
But your history shows most proposals fail, so this is going to be one of those.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerube View Post
But your history shows most proposals fail, so this is going to be one of those.
True. My point is this is the type of stuff your pDGA $ goes to...helping some non-jump putters level the competition because they lack skills. I know it probably won't pass...but the USDGC no strokes for OB rule passed, which is yet another major change in how the game is played.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 32.6
Courses Played: 117
There shouldn't be ANY falling putt rule -- it's prettymuch dumb.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:11 PM
The Man, the Myth, the Legend

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudslinger View Post
True. My point is this is the type of stuff your pDGA $ goes to...helping some non-jump putters level the competition because they lack skills. I know it probably won't pass...but the USDGC no strokes for OB rule passed, which is yet another major change in how the game is played.
jump putting is not really much of a skill. Most people just flail their arms hoping for an extra 10 feet.