Disc Golf Store
Old 10-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: RHBH
You said "All supporting points, or potential supporting points must be behind the marker when the disc is released. Even if they are in the air, as long as it's behind the marker and they land behind the marker after release if they're jump putting"..... Seems pretty clear to me.
Of course I read the thread, I was just pointing out the obvious flaw in your wording. Read it again, and regardless of what you may have meant, that is what you said.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.6
Courses Played: 81
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmzane View Post
So let me get this straight....You think we should be able to jump into the air and throw over top of objects in front of us?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmzane View Post
You said "All supporting points, or potential supporting points must be behind the marker when the disc is released. Even if they are in the air, as long as it's behind the marker and they land behind the marker after release if they're jump putting"..... Seems pretty clear to me.
Of course I read the thread, I was just pointing out the obvious flaw in your wording. Read it again, and regardless of what you may have meant, that is what you said.
Sorry, I'm still confused at your point.

Trying to eliminate follow throughs would be dumb and impossible. I believe I made my point that all supporting, or potential supporting points, should stay behind the marker. How does that eliminate a follow through?
Old 10-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 8
You hand is also a potential supporting point, so that has to stay behind the marker. along with every part of your body.

and I don't want to discuss anything regarding to OB or IB. You are completely missing the point I was making. There are other rulings that are judgement calls, and I was just giving an example. It doesn't matter what the example was, the point is we make judgement calls. Why is it worse that we do so in regards to jump putts?
Old 10-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 87
I was trying to say that I thought the way you worded that particular statement left interpretation open to possibly being able to jump vertically in order to be able to throw over an object in front of you.

I wasn't trying to argue or anything, I meant to point out how difficult it is to make a wording on a rule that can't be somehow manipulated in some way.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:03 AM
* Ace Member *

How many times do you fall on your whole body during a follow through? Or your hand?

You can nit pick apart what I say or you can use common sense to understand both feet (the most common supporting points) should be behind the marker when the disc is released during and after a jump putt.
Who makes a jump putt from their knees or while lying on the ground?

Edit: And the hand that throws the disc is not a supporting point during that particular shot. So it going past the marker during the follow thru would not be applicable here
Old 10-07-2012, 09:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
How many times do you fall on your whole body during a follow through? Or your hand?

You can nit pick apart what I say or you can use common sense to understand both feet (the most common supporting points) should be behind the marker when the disc is released during and after a jump putt.
Who makes a jump putt from their knees or while lying on the ground?

Edit: And the hand that throws the disc is not a supporting point during that particular shot. So it going past the marker during the follow thru would not be applicable here
THizzle
Old 10-07-2012, 09:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by bholy08 View Post
THizzle
Video or it didn't happen.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Birdie Member

Jay Dub. Every part of your body is a potential supporting point, so you cannot use that wording. But even if you mean just feet, why would you consider a foot not touching the ground any different than a hand not touching the ground? Neither is a (current) supporting point. A jump putt is also just a follow through (if done correctly) If done incorrectly it is not allowed by current rules. So what it is you are trying to say?
Old 10-07-2012, 09:17 AM
* Ace Member *

I'm trying to say allow jump putts as long as it's done completely behind the marker, from beginning to end.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Birdie Member

So you only want to ban follow through on certain shots? You can move past your marker, unless it's a jump putt? Where do you want to allow jump putts from? can you jump from 1 meter behind your marker and land behind it?