#351  
Old 10-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Jay Dub's Avatar
Jay Dub Jay Dub is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SW Ohio
Years Playing: 34.4
Courses Played: 80
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,239
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
I have never said to ban the follow through.

No jump putting within the 10m circle.

No reason to have to move past your marker, take one or two steps back and move to your marker, not past it.
Reply With Quote
  #352  
Old 10-07-2012, 10:36 AM
JoakimBL JoakimBL is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 257
that is already the rule. so what was the point of your posts?
Reply With Quote
  #353  
Old 10-07-2012, 11:14 AM
dashiellx's Avatar
dashiellx dashiellx is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baltimore
Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 999
I think there is only so many times we can beat a dead horse here. The jump-putt/putt-jump is legal as long as the disc leaves the throwers hand before they leave the ground and their foot is behind their marker.
Reply With Quote
  #354  
Old 10-07-2012, 11:15 AM
the_pwnerator's Avatar
the_pwnerator the_pwnerator is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Frankenmuth, MI
Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoakimBL View Post
that is already the rule. so what was the point of your posts?
No...it's not. You can follow through past your marker on a jump putt, and it's sketchy as all hell in my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #355  
Old 10-07-2012, 11:29 AM
DavidSauls's Avatar
DavidSauls DavidSauls is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Newberry, SC
Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 115
Posts: 7,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
I have never said to ban the follow through.

No jump putting within the 10m circle.

No reason to have to move past your marker, take one or two steps back and move to your marker, not past it.
I'm not arguing, but a little confused.

Are your posts specifically about putting inside the 10M circle, or everywhere?

What's throwing some of us is when you say you don't want to ban the follow-through, but there's no reason to move past your marker. How can you throw from your marker, and follow-through, without moving past it?

Or are you saying, outside of 10M, a player can follow-through past his marker, but shouldn't be allowed to jump-putt?
Reply With Quote
  #356  
Old 10-07-2012, 11:34 AM
JoakimBL JoakimBL is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pwnerator View Post
No...it's not. You can follow through past your marker on a jump putt, and it's sketchy as all hell in my opinion.
Not inside 10 meters. And outside, why is it more sketchy than any other follow through that takes you beyond the marker?
Reply With Quote
  #357  
Old 10-07-2012, 11:39 AM
JoakimBL JoakimBL is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
I have never said to ban the follow through.

No jump putting within the 10m circle.

No reason to have to move past your marker, take one or two steps back and move to your marker, not past it.
I should emphasize that my previous post regarding this already being the rule was to no jump putting with in 10 meters.

as to the other point, Are you saying that you should be allowed to putt from further away from your mark than 30 cm.?
Reply With Quote
  #358  
Old 10-07-2012, 12:07 PM
the_pwnerator's Avatar
the_pwnerator the_pwnerator is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Frankenmuth, MI
Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoakimBL View Post
Not inside 10 meters. And outside, why is it more sketchy than any other follow through that takes you beyond the marker?
Because so many people don't jump putt correctly. And it's almost impossible to tell when someone jump putts correctly due to the timing. I'm with JayDub on this issue.

I don't follow through on any shots, even fairway drives. I didn't even know that it was legal until I started reading this thread. I've never had any problems not passing my marker on fairway drives, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue for a jump putter to do it either.
Reply With Quote
  #359  
Old 10-07-2012, 12:13 PM
crashzero's Avatar
crashzero crashzero is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 280
waste of an argument, i say let people keep jump putting, they hardly ever make it anyways and it usually blows past the basket resulting in another come back putt, and im still winning
Reply With Quote
 

  #360  
Old 10-07-2012, 12:13 PM
JoakimBL JoakimBL is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 257
You admit to not knowing the rules very well, maybe you should start there before you want them changed?
Why punish the people who jump putt correctly instead of those who does it incorrectly? And if you can't tell, what is the problem in just letting it slide? I still haven't read a single decent argument for that
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.