Old 10-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 23
i liked the saint to but it flew to close to what my viking does and I really want something a little slower
Old 10-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
maybe it is just my form, but my TBs (champ, star, 11x kc pro) always hook in the air but I can throw an eagle on a very straight line with a hard finish. My champ Eagle is pretty beat in, but it is my go to disc. Have a star teebird that is more beat in an it's just a meathook. Teebirds are overrated in my opinion, at least the newer runs.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
Only people with more than 17 years of exp know what they are talking about.
I can't wait until the end of next year. You will all listen and obey my disc golf knowledge!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 97
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by astomps View Post
maybe it is just my form, but my TBs (champ, star, 11x kc pro) always hook in the air but I can throw an eagle on a very straight line with a hard finish. My champ Eagle is pretty beat in, but it is my go to disc. Have a star teebird that is more beat in an it's just a meathook. Teebirds are overrated in my opinion, at least the newer runs.
How far do you throw? could help determine why you are seeing Teebirds act more overstable.

I didn't see a difference between Teebirds and Eagles until I was putting them over 310'. Now there is a very distinct difference to me. It could be that your Eagle is an Eagle-L. I carry three of those in different stages of wear, and even my most overstable one has more high speed turn than my seasoned champ teebird.

I do throw both the Eagle X and Eagle L mold and couldn't feel more stongly that they should have different names, more so than the "L" and "X".
Old 10-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 34
Quote:
How does an eagle not handle "the speed"? I have seen them thrown 400'+ with no issue. Was it a 150g DX Eagle L compared to a 175 champ teebird?
I turn my eagle over, it is lighter than I'd like a disc to be but I still think it should be able to be thrown flat without turning it over.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthbndr View Post
I turn my eagle over, it is lighter than I'd like a disc to be but I still think it should be able to be thrown flat without turning it over.
So which eagle is it? Which teebird are you comparing it to?
Old 10-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
So which eagle is it? Which teebird are you comparing it to?
12x Eagle 169g comparing to 167/169/172 12x Teebird and 175 Totempole stamped teebird(champion one from factory store as of recently not super old).

I tend to flip the eagle over and the teebirds can hold their lines with the same exact throwing motion.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 97
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthbndr View Post
12x Eagle 169g comparing to 167/169/172 12x Teebird and 175 Totempole stamped teebird(champion one from factory store as of recently not super old).

I tend to flip the eagle over and the teebirds can hold their lines with the same exact throwing motion.
Is it an Eagle-L or X? Try throwing the Eagle on a slight hyzer angle, it will likely perform better.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax11 View Post
Is it an Eagle-L or X? Try throwing the Eagle on a slight hyzer angle, it will likely perform better.
Regular Eagle I believe. It doesn't say L, I don't know enough about eagles to make an educated decision. Just an E on the bottom of the flight plate.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax11 View Post
How far do you throw? could help determine why you are seeing Teebirds act more overstable.

I didn't see a difference between Teebirds and Eagles until I was putting them over 310'. Now there is a very distinct difference to me. It could be that your Eagle is an Eagle-L. I carry three of those in different stages of wear, and even my most overstable one has more high speed turn than my seasoned champ teebird.

I do throw both the Eagle X and Eagle L mold and couldn't feel more stongly that they should have different names, more so than the "L" and "X".
probably '320 max on flat ground. It is def an Eagle-X though because it is a 12x champ.