Old 10-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
The teebird is my main driver and I can get it on so many lines.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by astomps View Post
probably '320 max on flat ground. It is def an Eagle-X though because it is a 12x champ.
That doesn't mean it's not an Eagle-L. Current run Star Eagles are all Eagle-X's but there are many 12x champ Eagle-Ls. The simplest way is to check for the notch on the under side of the outer edge of the wing. Eagle-L's are smooth, Eagle-X's have a notch.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthbndr View Post
Regular Eagle I believe. It doesn't say L, I don't know enough about eagles to make an educated decision. Just an E on the bottom of the flight plate.
An Eagle L is shaped similar to a TL and an Eagle X is similar to a teebird on the bottom wing. If you don't know much about the disc then it may be a good move to give out advice online about how they fly.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 45
Threw my buddy's eagle x champ off the box yesterday for the first time.... after he prodded me to try it. Hit chains from 220 feet on a short hyzer flip. Turned around, smiled, and said, "cool disc".

One of these days I will pick up an eagle x... and use it on a more appropriately distanced hole. Right now I am still geting used to my saint. How much would the eagle x and the saint overlap?
Old 10-02-2012, 11:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by goosefraba1 View Post
Hit chains from 220 feet on a short hyzer flip....How much would the eagle x and the saint overlap?
When new, Eagle-X's do not stand up from a hyzer until you're throwing them 330'+ minimum, probably more like 350'-370' before you see any turn. The one you threw must have been absolutely thrashed or you torqued it weird. I haven't thrown a Saint yet but I imagine an Eagle-X has more LSS, better HSS, and less distance potential.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 45
By short hyzer flip.... I meant to write slight hyzer.... Like at 75-80 degrees rather than the 60 degrees or so that I put a beat stingray, comet, or pro-d buzzz on. The one that I threw was used.... probably a 7/10.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
An Eagle L is shaped similar to a TL and an Eagle X is similar to a teebird on the bottom wing. If you don't know much about the disc then it may be a good move to give out advice online about how they fly.
Wouldn't it say eagle L on it or EL on the bottom? I said a simple thing about my experience, easily could have ignored it. Way to go champ, you feel good about yourself?
Old 10-02-2012, 11:36 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by astomps View Post
probably '320 max on flat ground. It is def an Eagle-X though because it is a 12x champ.
LOL, so you are trying to tell me the two 12x Eagle-L's I have in my bag are not real? That's crazy talk.

As someone else mentioned, the only way to tell the difference is the notch on the edge of the wing.

I concur with who ever said Eagle-L is to TL as Teebird is to Eagle-X.

The difference between Teebird and Eagle on a very general level IMO is Eagles are great line shapers, while Teebirds are really good at straight to fade shots.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco81 View Post
Tried the search feature and really suck at using it and am sure there are several threads about the teebird v eagle. Can someone please help me. What are the differences? A. Looking for something that is going to be a little more stable then my Viking but also a little bit shorter. I throw gazelles ow as my main fairway driver but they sometimes get pushed around in the wind and the saint is basically a Viking. Was hoping for the tb or eagle. I like Innova but am open to discraft. I tried the banshee and it was to overstabel.
My spouse was all about the eagle until I bought him a teebird, and then his rating really started going up. Teebirds totally pushed the eagles out of his bag. He got an ace with one last week.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthbndr View Post
Wouldn't it say eagle L on it or EL on the bottom? I said a simple thing about my experience, easily could have ignored it. Way to go champ, you feel good about yourself?
It doesn't say which one it is on the bottom. There are two separate molds for the eagle. If you don't know which one you are throwing than you may not be the best person to advise others on the flights of the disc. Not trying to put you down and I even stood up for you when someone called you out on little experience. But to say the Eagle can't handle speed is spreading misinformation. It is true the L mold will turn with little speed but the X mold will handle as much if not more power than the teebird.