Old 10-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Not really because it is still incorrect to call Vibram's discs plastic. I've never heard anyone say the ocean is made of salt or heard anyone say "I'm thirsty for some Yellow #5" when they want a Mountain Dew. Most tap water has trace levels of arsenic, yet you don't drink or take a shower in arsenic...
If they are not plastic then they are not rubber either by your same logic... That was kind of a silly argument to make now wasn't it?

I've never seen a band of trolls try so hard to disprove the OP on a thread over something so stupid. Just give it up there is plastic in Vibram discs.

Last edited by Tmart; 10-05-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmart View Post
If they are not plastic then they are not rubber either by your same logic...
My logic says that if you are going to label something that is not 100% pure, then label it as what it is mostly made up of.

Besides all of this, Vibram markets their material as rubber.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Jrawk.... they are thermoplastic elastomers like I said. If you have a beef feel free to cry in your pillow.
Read Steve's post again...they are RUBBER with some thermoplastic elastomers. No one would want a disc made of only thermoplastic elastomers.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Read Steve's post again...they are RUBBER with some thermoplastic elastomers. No one would want a disc made of only thermoplastic elastomers.
A thermoplastic elastomer is a mixture of plastic and rubber, it is not rubber with thermoplastic elastomers in it.

*sigh* can't you even try to learn what you are talking about before making a stupid arguement for no reason? What is your purpose here?
Old 10-05-2012, 01:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I've never seen a band of trolls try so hard to disprove the OP on a thread over something so stupid. Just give it up there is plastic in Vibram discs.
I believe we're just trying to disprove you. I believe the OP just made a semantical error.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
What is your purpose here?
Silliness I guess.

I'm not a technical expert, but this is not a technical forum. This is a consumer based forum for disc golf. Vibram calls their material rubber and rubber is the main ingredient. That's all I'm saying. Calling it plastic really blurs what makes Vibram different, and if you have handled their discs they are WAY different than any other "plastics" used in disc golf.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Silliness I guess.

I'm not a technical expert, but this is not a technical forum. This is a consumer based forum for disc golf. Vibram calls their material rubber and rubber is the main ingredient. That's all I'm saying. Calling it plastic really blurs what makes Vibram different, and if you have handled their discs they are WAY different than any other "plastics" used in disc golf.
You must have missed something. There was a guy who made a post just to call out the OP and say that Vibram discs are rubber and not plastic. I defended the OP by saying that these discs are indeed plastic (mind you I have never once said that they weren't rubber, merely that they are plastic and therefor pdga legal), a thermoplastic elastomer is both a rubber and a plastic. I have no idea why all these poeple got so offended and tried to tell me there is no plastic in Vibram discs but now they have the proof that Vibram discs have plastic in them.

Last edited by Tmart; 10-05-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
you must feel sooo cool.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
So how's about that proto? Any more thoughts on how it flies?

Mine was supposed to get here today, but no such luck, so I need some reviews to get my fix!

Old 10-05-2012, 05:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodysseus View Post
So how's about that proto? Any more thoughts on how it flies?

Mine was supposed to get here today, but no such luck, so I need some reviews to get my fix!
I throw about 350 & it's pretty flippy. But hit the right amount of hyzer & it sails.