Old 01-06-2015, 01:27 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 45
Throwing Style: RHBH
Colorado Courses Update Thread

I am in the process of moving from California to Denver. I have noticed that Colorado has done a good job of installing courses over the last year and this (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=73503) was a thread that I followed before my move. I am hoping to start a new thread that does the same thing for Colorado.

What new courses are going in?
Changes to courses already in the ground?
Rumors?

Anything is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2015, 01:43 AM
Eagle Member

Found a thread that has info on one in Parker. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...d.php?t=110180
Old 01-06-2015, 09:18 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 93
Send a message via AIM to seehad
Centre Hills and Lake Dillon went in later in the season in 2013. Palmer Lake was approved to expand to 18 holes. Colorado Springs is getting a new course or two as well. A new back 18 is going in at Badlands and Beaver Ranch is also adding another 18 holes on the property.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:23 AM
Par Member

Looks like they have a layout for the course in Parker already.
http://www.parkeronline.org/DocumentCenter/View/17117
Old 01-06-2015, 10:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by seehad View Post
Looks like they have a layout for the course in Parker already.
http://www.parkeronline.org/DocumentCenter/View/17117
Wow, how disappointing...from the Google Earth view, they are not going to utilize any of the wooded portion of the property along the creek. The proposal has the appearance of a executive style Scottish links ball golf course. I've not seen the property first-hand, but there doesn't appear to be more than maybe 4 trees in the course footprint. Maybe they think it's better than no course. My feeling is it would be like Schaefer but with 18 holes and no obstacles.

Sorry if I jacked the thread.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:15 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmonty View Post
No need to apologize, I was hoping that this thread would have any and all input about new courses. I wonder if that layout is set in stone or just a general "the course will be around here" thing that someone put together quickly.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:28 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmonty View Post
Wow, how disappointing...from the Google Earth view, they are not going to utilize any of the wooded portion of the property along the creek. The proposal has the appearance of a executive style Scottish links ball golf course. I've not seen the property first-hand, but there doesn't appear to be more than maybe 4 trees in the course footprint. Maybe they think it's better than no course. My feeling is it would be like Schaefer but with 18 holes and no obstacles.

That is a damn shame. I didn't even notice the plan is on the barren side of cherry creek trail. I love new courses, but it's so frustrating to see more of the same. Centre Hills had so much more potential if they would have gone with 12 holes instead of 18. Or 9 with 3 different teepads. I'd love to see what a top level designer could do with a decent piece of property in the Denver area...
Old 01-07-2015, 10:39 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyzer Ale View Post
No need to apologize, I was hoping that this thread would have any and all input about new courses. I wonder if that layout is set in stone or just a general "the course will be around here" thing that someone put together quickly.
I just hope they got input from someone knowledgeable in DG course design and not just some parks guy thinking "hey,this looks good". There is certainly great potential on that property where the trees are, and i'm afraid if they don't use that, they will be wasting the money, which in turn may lead to a bad impression of DG by the Parks dept. Not many people are going to play course that just throws back and forth across an open field for 18 holes. I'm also not sure how safe this course will be, to be honest.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:58 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
I emailed Parker about the project. The area around the creek (to the east of the path) is federal protected land as is much of the land up cherry Creek and Platt river.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:02 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Also what was linked is only an architect artistic render & not the cities actual plans.

Expect something along the lines of Village Greens.

Sorry to derail, while there's been a jump in courses they haven't been much above beginner level courses.