Old 11-20-2014, 10:53 PM

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
New course being installed in Northeast MO.

We are installing a new course in Memphis MO at the local Johnson Park. It will be a 9 hole, roughly 2100 ft course. Baskets should be in by Christmas, with concrete tee pads being installed in the spring. We also plan on having our first tournament in April! We are hoping to have a good turnout for the first tourney and will be open to all levels of play.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2014, 11:53 AM

We are toying with the idea of using round tee pads so we could have an 18 hole course just by reusing 9 tee pads and baskets. The only problem would be the "back 9" would be through swing sets and picnic areas of the park so it might not be playable at all times. It would at least be possible though. Any thoughts on if you have see. Something similar, good or bad idea?
Old 11-21-2014, 12:04 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 16
Yeahhhh I wouldn't do that, because you may have that one group that wants to play the back nine when the fairways aren't clear and then you run into complaints etc which could endanger the nine holes that aren't playing across other use areas
Old 11-21-2014, 12:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 178
If it's a small town and the course isn't going to see a lot of traffic, I don't see why that would be a problem. There's a course in Wisconsin that does something similar (two teepads aimed at each basket, so 18 playable holes on 9 baskets) and it's very well done. When I played it I ran into one other group and we were never in each other's way.

Brickyard - Rating 3.82

Old 11-21-2014, 03:00 PM

The town is pretty small, around 2000 people. I don't think we will have the foot traffic issue that other courses might. During high peaks of the summer there is usually 10 or less people at the park at a time, unless there is a birthday party. If we installed round tee pads then we could always play the alternative holes even if not listed just for fun and skill practice.