Old 06-23-2015, 09:55 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 41.2
Courses Played: 196
Dedication

A new boy scout camp course has been built in memory of a beloved scoutmaster. Now, it is time to open it with a dedication ceremony.

Has anyone done this? Suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2015, 01:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHBH
Hmmm... I would contact the guys up in Columbus for Brent Hambrick.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:40 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve West View Post
A new boy scout camp course has been built in memory of a beloved scoutmaster. Now, it is time to open it with a dedication ceremony.

Has anyone done this? Suggestions?
Old 07-16-2015, 09:13 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 203
Throwing Style: LHBH
My parents worked for the State Chamber of COmmerce for over 20 years. I've been to and seen many dedication ceremonies.

Set an adjenda for the ceremony - welcome everyone, intro speech as to the project, those that built it, the reason is here (quickly), then a glowing speech about the guest of honor/namesake, intro the highest ranking politicain there for his words first, then intro the family member to cut the ribbon (together with the politician) - thank everyone for coming, and have a tournament play that day.

Having a tournament will ensure a bigger audicene, as well as show significant disc golfer support for the cause and political fugures that attend. Ask the golfers to invite friends, family, and children to the ceremony. Promote the ceremony all over, and pormote the disc golf tourney on disc golf pages/sites - make sure the golfers understand they'll have a 45 minute player meeting/grand opening ceremony.

Invite the family members, to do the "ceremonial ribbon cutting along with local politicians, they'll each something like this up aas a good community relationship opportunity just before the Oct elections...

Do you research on the person - both online and by interviews of his friends/family, on his personal life, volunteer life, and family life. You will get details and stories that may work well for you introduction of this person at the ceremony. Give a nice glowing speach, thank everyone for for doing the work on the course, as it would make Mr. _______ so proud to see all the volunteerism, etc.

I've done this twice in the last 2 years, although neither was for a person, but the set up and flow all work the same. Steve, PM me for more info. I may be able to dig up a "program" or agenda for one or either of these events and email to you

Old 07-16-2015, 10:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.1
Courses Played: 121
Usually scouts are very good at ceremony. I'd enlist them to come up with a dedication.