Old 07-09-2014, 05:11 PM

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Talking Possible New Disc Golf Course being added in Prosper, TX?

I just read an article that with a new community in Prosper, TX (Windsong Ranch) might come a new Disc Golf Course.

Does anyone know anything about this? I live close by so that would be a wonderful thing to have another course to play.

http://starlocalmedia.com/celinareco...a4bcf887a.html
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2014, 08:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 240

i thought i remembered hearing about this a long time ago. sounds like it's still just in the planning stages.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:57 AM

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 19

I understand this is an old thread.
I have confirmed there is a course at windsong ranch. It does not appear to be technically open though. I wander around on a few holes 2 days ago.
Concrete pads with larges stone benches. Baskets are in too, numbered. There is no course info/overview at hole 1, and the hole details are not yet placed. There is a large stone at each hole, cut to hold hole info.

I have not walked whole course, but will have more information this afternoon. I hope it is 18 holes.

Old 08-08-2016, 03:49 PM

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 19

Yes there is a course. It is 18 holes. There are many alternate pin positions. It is not yet open. The tee pads are concreted and there are placeholders for hole information and benches in place. When I was out there yesterday, it was a parent it is not yet open. The fairways are very tall 3 to 4 feet. All of the alternate pins were in their places. It will be a great course. It is not going to be a walk in the park. There will be mostly par threes if not all. But they are not simple. The course has great variety of left and right handed shots and drives. I will be excited when they do finish and open which shouldn't be too long technically although who knows?