Old 07-18-2014, 07:14 PM

Tyger River Disc Golf Course

Has anyone heard anything on the New Disc Golf Course going in at Tyger River Sports Complex in Reidville? I have been there and it looks like all that needs to be done is the tee pads finished, mowing done, and baskets placed.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 85
Throwing Style: RHBH
Should be real soon now.
From what I've heard, the tee pads are in and the signs/baskets should be going in really soon. I'm meeting with the Spartanburg Parks and Rec guys later this week. I'll come back here with more info if there's anything fun to share.

Last edited by ToddL; 09-08-2014 at 12:47 PM.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 85
Throwing Style: RHBH
I met with the Spartanburg Parks and Rec folks yesterday to discuss these courses and our future plans. I'm extremely happy with how excited they are about disc golf and the courses they're installing in Spartanburg. All three courses are Russell Schwarz designs.

Tyger River is closest to completion. All the tee pads are in, and they're going to be installing signs and baskets very soon. It will be open for casual play within the next week or two. The city will be holding an official grand opening sometime in October, probably, with some sort of golf event afterward that we'll organize. The Parks guys are enthusiastic about holding events out there, and we'll start incorporating these courses into our schedule as soon as we can. They're going to continue working on benches, trashcans, shelters, etc, and I'm confident they'll do a great job.

Old Canaan will be a shorter course but will feature a lot of elevation. Holston will be a monster, probably with 3 sets of pads. Both of those courses are still early in their construction phases and won't be open until at least spring 2015.