Old 11-16-2012, 06:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 544
Throwing Style: RHBH
I work at Camp Pendleton so it's obvious where I'm rooting it to go. Plenty of great disc golf land there.

Saw the Lewiston course was added to the data base. Very nice to see the 40+ course added to California this year on DGCR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZoods View Post
I know there's one in the planning stages in San Diego county.
Source via Facebook (Kinetic Disc Golf)

Not sure where it'll be yet, but I'll see if I can find out in the next week or so.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by lion View Post
Very nice to see the 40+ course added to California this year on DGCR.
How many of those did you add to the database?
Old 11-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 41
Caught wind over the past week of two courses in the works for SoCal - one in San Diego, in Kearny Mesa near Mesa College, and another at Kenneth Hahn State Rec Area in the Baldwin Hills area of West LA.

Both of these areas desperately need more disc golf courses, so this is good news!
Old 11-17-2012, 02:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneely View Post
and another at Kenneth Hahn State Rec Area in the Baldwin Hills area of West LA.
I've seen a video of the potential layout of this course. They used temp baskets and it looked sick! 700+ ft. downhill shot!
Old 11-17-2012, 02:43 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by lion View Post
I work at Camp Pendleton so it's obvious where I'm rooting it to go. Plenty of great disc golf land there.
I overheard someone talking to Philo about it and the question was "what do you think about the course that's going on one of the [military] bases?" and Philo almost immediately said Pendleton... followed by something along the lines of "or one of the other bases, I don't know"

If Kinetic is spearheading it, then I can't see it not being in North County. TJ is willing to do a lot to grow the sport in the area, but everything I know of that he's done (and is doing) is in North County. Pendleton just makes the most sense to me. I'm just hoping it's not too ridiculous for civilians to get access to.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 544
Camp Pendleton is easy for civilians to get onto, just need a drivers license and your car registration/ insurance card. They might scan your license but its easy to get on. Now getting onto Vandeburg, Edwards, 146th airwing, or any of those other military bases in Cali without a military ID is tough. There are definitely a few places in SoCal that need more disc golf, just to many broke park and rec departments.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:03 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 20.7
Courses Played: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated plastic View Post
There was talk to put one in at Diamond Peak. There insurance doesn't cover summer activities. I heard they were pushing to get it put in at Mt Rose meadows 9000ft elevation. This isn't the one I mentioned earlier in the thread. Howerever my neighbor( not a golfer) whistled me over this morning. He said he just went to a new small brewery in Blairsden CA and there is a 18 hole course. He gave me the guys #. Not sure on any details yet. Hopefully this weekends snow storm misses that area and I can scope it. I'll update asap.
That looks sick. Breweries and disc golf is like my Nirvana. Weird question. Did I show you my team stamped star XD after Saturday's safari round?
Old 12-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 46
Thanks for all the info guys.
Hey Peter Black, I'm sure you would have mentioned it if it were in the works, and I know you are busy with Sonoma, but is the San Bruno Junipero Serra Park course dead in the water?
Old 12-06-2012, 12:20 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 106
I guess it is time to announce: Butte county is working on it's 5th course in the town of Concow. My good friend was given permission to build two 18 hole courses on the Concow campground which is on a 100 acre private property. I have been spending my mornings help clearing and setting pin locations. We are talking carving epic DG through old growth pine and oak with plenty of elevation. The first course will be completed by the summer and the second will follow. FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/398912483511653/ I will keep you posted as things develop...

Last edited by MikePinchico; 12-06-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePinchico View Post
I guess it is time to announce: Butte county is working on it's 5th course in the town of Concow. My good friend was given permission to build two 18 hole courses on the Concow campground which is on a 100 acre private property. I have been spending my mornings help clearing and setting pin locations. We are talking carving epic DG through old growth pine and oak with plenty of elevation. The first course will be completed by the summer and the second will follow. FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/398912483511653/ I will keep you posted as things develop...
Way cool! Can't wait.