Old 10-07-2012, 10:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
^^ I apologize for my comment. I shouldn't judge how people dress, or judge their style.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 13
Josh was a solid performer out there. Saw a clip of the champ and his lead card from the nineties, maybe we should all dress like that? Lol.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 58
Ha, well I do not mean to criticize his choice of attire. Simply saying I didn't think it was appropriate by the PDGA to not address this anywhere in the rules. I thought there were restrictions on the attire of pros at larger events to wear collared shirts at least?
Old 10-07-2012, 12:56 PM
* Ace Member *

From the PDGA Rules:

D. The following dress code for all competitors will be enforced at all PDGA Elite Series/National Tour and Major Events. The PDGA also recommends that this dress code be enforced at Super Tour and lower tier events, but this decision lies solely with the Tournament Director:

(1) All players in PDGA sanctioned competition and tournament staff are expected to dress appropriately and to maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance at all event sites and associated functions.

(2) All players must wear a shirt covering their upper chest area. A well-tailored shirt with a fold-down, mock turtle, v-neck, crew neck, Henley, or zippered collar, and with sleeves covering the part of the arm from the shoulder to the elbow (commonly known as the upper arm), shall be considered acceptable.

Women are also allowed to wear sleeveless shirts as designated above.

(3) No tee shirts will be allowed, except for competitors in the Junior and Amateur divisions during preliminary rounds only. Juniors and Amateurs shall not wear tee shirts during semifinal or final rounds. Crew neck or V-neck shirts made of high-performance or high-tech materials, such as Dry-Fit, Cool-Max, and others will be allowed.

(4) Shirts that hang down lower than the bottom hemline on the player’s shorts shall be tucked in.

(5) No ripped shirts, shorts, pants will be allowed on the course. This includes unhemmed, torn or cut “vents” at the shirt collar.

(6) No offensive, profane, or obscene slogans or logos shall be allowed on any clothing. Junior players may not wear slogans or logos referring to alcohol or tobacco.

(7) This dress code will be in effect from start to finish at each event, including all tournament rounds.

(8) Players who do not make a cut, but wish to remain on site through the duration of the tournament, will be considered spectators and will not be required to conform to the Tour’s dress code.

Last edited by BigSky; 10-07-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 221
Thumbs down

Ricky's field ace on hole#13 was easily the highlight of the tournament, but I still don't understand how an abomination of course design that is hole#13 is used in a PDGA Major event every year. The clown's mouth (of years past) arguably has more place in our sport than this hole. Maybe now that it's finally being broadcast, people can see what a joke of a hole 888' is, throwing several times over a road & parking lot.

I actually didn't feel bad the one year that the police were conducting exercises there and caused all sorts of problems for the tournament. Served 'em right.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 119
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lung View Post
Ricky's field ace on hole#13 was easily the highlight of the tournament, but I still don't understand how an abomination of course design that is hole#13 is used in a PDGA Major event every year. The clown's mouth (of years past) arguably has more place in our sport than this hole. Maybe now that it's finally being broadcast, people can see what a joke of a hole 888' is, throwing several times over a road & parking lot.

I actually didn't feel bad the one year that the police were conducting exercises there and caused all sorts of problems for the tournament. Served 'em right.
Over a road and parking lot THAT'S CLOSED TO TRAFFIC. Is it a good design for an every day course? No. But for the tournament by itself, there's really nothing wrong with it, and it's one of the more unique and challenging holes in all of disc golf.

And there were a couple years, following the police training exercise incident (2003, btw), where they kept the basket on the tee side of the road and never crossed the parking lot at all. It was a much poorer hole overall.

Throwing over a parking lot there is no different than throwing over the lake on hole 5...only you get to retrieve your discs from the OB on hole 13.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 58
Who gives a crap what clothes the players are wearing? Play in something that's comfortable.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspunch View Post
Who gives a crap what clothes the players are wearing? Play in something that's comfortable.
Image matters. Plain and simple.

You can disagree with what image you want to convey, but we still judge books by their covers.

(As I did just a few posts ago)
Old 10-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 74
I'm of the opinion that judging someone by what they are wearing reveals much more about your character (or lack thereof) than it does the person wearing what you deem inappropriate attire.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretdance03 View Post
I'm of the opinion that judging someone by what they are wearing reveals much more about your character (or lack thereof) than it does the person wearing what you deem inappropriate attire.
In the real world, not the "interwebz", we are all guilty of forming an opinion of someone based on their attire...however small, or fleeting that thought might be.