Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

View Poll Results: What new MVP disc do you want next?
Understable Putter 23 10.85%
Overstable/fast Putter 16 7.55%
Understable Mid 33 15.57%
Faster(maybe small diameter) straight mid 8 3.77%
Faster(maybe small diameter) overstable mid 13 6.13%
Understable control driver 64 30.19%
Overstable control/utility driver 51 24.06%
Distance driver 61 28.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooter View Post
Discraft STILL has the most useful set of mids available. I am not biased at all either. I'll throw any disc that feels and flys good. MVP is getting there though.
I'm a little biased, but I think Gateway has a pretty solid lineup for mids.

http://gdstour.com/wp-content/upload...rint_20125.jpg
Old 10-09-2012, 04:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 87
I was thinking about the inner cores a little today and thought it would be interesting to know what the core weighs before the overmold is added. Are some lighter than others? Would this explain why people initially thought different colors flew different. MVP could be in a position to be an industry leader in defining disc weight at a new level. By having the core weight and the total weight marked on each disc you could fine tune your bag and each discs role on a whole new level. Have more gyroscopic discs for straight roles and less gyro for hooking shots for example. This might be necessary when selling discs made out of two separate plastics as we learn more about how they tick and how it affects the flight. I can't wait to hear what you guys think. Should MVP give this a try?
Old 10-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.3
Courses Played: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
I was thinking about the inner cores a little today and thought it would be interesting to know what the core weighs before the overmold is added. Are some lighter than others? Would this explain why people initially thought different colors flew different. MVP could be in a position to be an industry leader in defining disc weight at a new level. By having the core weight and the total weight marked on each disc you could fine tune your bag and each discs role on a whole new level. Have more gyroscopic discs for straight roles and less gyro for hooking shots for example. This might be necessary when selling discs made out of two separate plastics as we learn more about how they tick and how it affects the flight. I can't wait to hear what you guys think. Should MVP give this a try?
I really like this idea, but it would drive the price up a bit, I would imagine. Online retailers would have to have a buttload of stock, or if you were ordering it right from MVP and they made it for you, then that also would drive up cost. But, if they were to do it on a mass scale, I think it would only be about 2 bucks or less per disc. Interesting concept!
Old 10-09-2012, 04:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
I really like this idea, but it would drive the price up a bit, I would imagine. Online retailers would have to have a buttload of stock, or if you were ordering it right from MVP and they made it for you, then that also would drive up cost. But, if they were to do it on a mass scale, I think it would only be about 2 bucks or less per disc. Interesting concept!
They would only have to weigh one extra time, that shouldnt change the price. I agree that inventory would need to be handled differently but this is the future of disc buying. Not every one would care but those that do care might enjoy knowing. Might have to call when ordering online and ask if the info is not available on the websites.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
Different colors flew differently in the FRs because of the dome. FR pink Axis came out really domey, and FR green Axis were extremely flat. Orange were right in between them. That was pretty easy to tell by anyone that had varying colors/domes. All the FRs were as close to max weight as possible, so I would think the cores were all the same weight too. Could be wrong about that though.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:44 PM
* Ace Member *

That would be pretty darn interesting. It would really illustrate the effects of gyro a lot clearer than we can see now. It would be a nightmare for retailers, but so is keeping up with all the discs these days...
Old 10-10-2012, 01:52 AM

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 11
I chose the understable putter, a while back a neighbor's dog chewed up the rim of my 2nd run M ion,which was heart breaking since i loved that disc. after testing it out i found out it turned completely understable, adding the perfect flip/turnover approach/drive mvp disc to my bag. I would love to have the same putter without all the bite marks though.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 9
When I posted that I wanted minis I was thinking maybe a cheap overmold slapped on a miniature flight plate. The more I thought about it, however, I eventually came to the conclusion that this is MVP they would never do something so half assed as that and would come out with actual minis of their discs. Like a mini anode, mini Ion, mini Axis, mini Vector (drools) and maybe even a mini Volt. I know they would probably try their hardest to make these minis fly like their full sized brethren and the thought makes me weak in the knees.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan McGee View Post
When I posted that I wanted minis I was thinking maybe a cheap overmold slapped on a miniature flight plate. The more I thought about it, however, I eventually came to the conclusion that this is MVP they would never do something so half assed as that and would come out with actual minis of their discs. Like a mini anode, mini Ion, mini Axis, mini Vector (drools) and maybe even a mini Volt. I know they would probably try their hardest to make these minis fly like their full sized brethren and the thought makes me weak in the knees.
So true. I'd stuff so many of those in my own stocking...

Old 10-10-2012, 10:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan McGee View Post
I'm sure it'd be somewhat expensive and time consuming if they did all their molds. It would be awesome if they did, though. Here's what I'm thinking, the Ion was their first disc, so just do Ion minis, but not just regular Ion minis. FR COLORED ION MINIS!