Old 10-14-2012, 08:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 138
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to New013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disc Fiend View Post
I think New and me would have a blast if we partied!
this guy knows what i'm talking about
Old 10-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 24.1
Courses Played: 166
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
Hide a trail cam near a basket. Secretly take up a collection to pay for it and figure out a good way to hide it. Catching that nut job vandalizing a basket would be one of the best things to ever happen to disc golf.

The idea of camo hunting camera has been indeed discussed, I'm working on access to one that has infared, night vision, and nice color day time sensors depending on light conditions - all that trigger with motion to record...

I very much think this dumbass will get himself caught on camera and the township would have to press charges. Personally, after my exerience with him and listening to his BS for weeks now - I'll find a way to catch him. No doubt he will sabotage and vandailze the baskets the first day they go in.

I love the idea of putting ONE in, to focus our camera on for a few days... Thank you!
Old 10-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdos View Post
We joked about catching him vandalizing the baskets and then having him do his community service hours helping us cut down trees and finish the course!
This
Old 10-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk12 View Post
The idea of camo hunting camera has been indeed discussed, I'm working on access to one that has infared, night vision, and nice color day time sensors depending on light conditions - all that trigger with motion to record...

I very much think this dumbass will get himself caught on camera and the township would have to press charges. Personally, after my exerience with him and listening to his BS for weeks now - I'll find a way to catch him. No doubt he will sabotage and vandailze the baskets the first day they go in.

I love the idea of putting ONE in, to focus our camera on for a few days... Thank you!
Be sure to let someone at the Township know what you are doing.

I know very little about trail cams but there are some fellas I work with who hunt and have some and if I remember I will see what they recommend. One guy at work had some great shots of some bucks right behind his house.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 138
Send a message via AIM to New013
nobody loves trees that much. my guess is they're really worried about the dg course going right through their wednesday night orgy zone.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:54 PM

I've been following this thread for a few days, and the problem you're facing seems far from unique:

http://www.leddypark.org/news/18-hole-course-rejected

http://www.friendsofbidwellpark.org/dgp1.html

I've never seen the park, so what I'm thinking might be stupid. But at any rate, what I'm wondering about this proposed course is: is there a way to maybe put the course more on the "edges" of the natural area, rather than throughout the interior? In a way that makes the course interesting, but keeps most of the play away from the main area that the opposition is worried about? It just seems that you've got some strong opposition, and maybe by tweaking the course, it will at least be installed.

Good luck. I hope the course gets built.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:26 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 20
We will see this week what happens at that meeting. I do agree with some other people that have chimed in.

If this course gets approved after all this and than is finally installed , I might not want to play the course knowing this lunatic is out there somewhere. Maybe even hiding in the bushes waiting to steal plastic?
Old 10-15-2012, 08:40 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by scunham View Post
We will see this week what happens at that meeting. I do agree with some other people that have chimed in.

If this course gets approved after all this and than is finally installed , I might not want to play the course knowing this lunatic is out there somewhere. Maybe even hiding in the bushes waiting to steal plastic?
Bring cameras and 2/10 plastic. Let him steal it, photograph it. Walk into local police station. Profit.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
I just looked at the lunatic's facebook page again. Now he claims that he is concerned about foxes and birds in the area. I thought he was only concerned about trees? It seems he is looking for any reason he can find to stop this. So far, his reasons have been trees, tax dollars, and now wildlife. Next, he is going to say disc golf attracts satan worshipers.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
Next, he is going to say disc golf attracts satan worshipers.
you clearly have not been playing long enough we all love satan!! muah ah ha ha!!!