#261  
Old 10-29-2012, 02:44 PM
Mattallica's Avatar
Mattallica Mattallica is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
This is probably terrible to say, but how funny would it be if after all the bitching this Chris guy has done; Hurricane Sandy comes in and levels all the trees in the park. It would be an awful thing to happen to the park and the potential DG course, but man would I love to see his reaction.
And then to have the local discers come in and clean it.all up. Those lousy good for nothin wastes of space!
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 10-29-2012, 03:06 PM
wake911 wake911 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 44
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattallica View Post
And then to have the local discers come in and clean it.all up. Those lousy good for nothin wastes of space!
Ha, the whole disc golf community comes together to clean the park while the non-DGers just sit and complain about the storm tearing things up...the irony of who truly cares about the land.
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 10-31-2012, 10:47 AM
Chainchaser's Avatar
Chainchaser Chainchaser is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Burlington, KY
Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,081
Latest on this course Not looking like it will happen in the proposed space. I would pull out and find somewhere that believes in prospering!!
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 10-31-2012, 11:29 AM
Hampstead's Avatar
Hampstead Hampstead is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spaceship Earth
Years Playing: 24
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainchaser View Post
Latest on this course Not looking like it will happen in the proposed space. I would pull out and find somewhere that believes in prospering!!


The comments are pretty ridiculous.
Anonymous' desperate attempt at self-importance is laughable.
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 10-31-2012, 11:30 AM
The Hammer's Avatar
The Hammer The Hammer is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valley of the sun.
Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 31
Posts: 4,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
The comments are pretty ridiculous.
Anonymous' desperate attempt at self-importance is laughable.
Agreed. I read those earlier. I think that dude is just a wannabe.
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 10-31-2012, 01:08 PM
jtreadwell's Avatar
jtreadwell jtreadwell is offline
Wizard of Plastic Land
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southern NH
Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
Agreed. I read those earlier. I think that dude is just a wannabe.
At least it ends on a good note
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 10-31-2012, 01:34 PM
prerube's Avatar
prerube prerube is offline
The Man, the Myth, the Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Clinton, MD
Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 200
Posts: 11,181
The guy on the opposing facebook must be pissed. I bet the hurricane killed a buttload of flowers. We better ban hurricanes.
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 10-31-2012, 01:53 PM
scarpfish's Avatar
scarpfish scarpfish is online now
Resident Grouch
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brownbackistan
Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 312
Posts: 5,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerube View Post
The guy on the opposing facebook must be pissed. I bet the hurricane killed a buttload of flowers. We better ban hurricanes.
Oh, come on, hurricanes are a necessary release mechanism.

I'm sure we'll find out that they're caused by disc golf courses though. I mean, cut trees, dead foxes, hurricanes, its all right there.
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 10-31-2012, 05:45 PM
Lewis's Avatar
Lewis Lewis is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Marietta, GA
Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,026
Somebody should tell the opponents of the dg course that to imagine disc golfers involved in political cronyism is roll-on-the-floor laughable, since there in no money in installing courses and no money in dg activities. The course will be an infinitesimal line in the municipal budget and will need no more than volunteer maintenance. Add the fact that nobody can possibly make enough money off a dg course to be interesting to politicians, and you begin to be amazed at the ignorance required to oppose the course on suspicion of corrupt politics. They must be picturing people playing disc golf on a ball golf course.
Reply With Quote
 
  

  #270  
Old 10-31-2012, 06:56 PM
jtreadwell's Avatar
jtreadwell jtreadwell is offline
Wizard of Plastic Land
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southern NH
Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
Somebody should tell the opponents of the dg course that to imagine disc golfers involved in political cronyism is roll-on-the-floor laughable, since there in no money in installing courses and no money in dg activities. The course will be an infinitesimal line in the municipal budget and will need no more than volunteer maintenance. Add the fact that nobody can possibly make enough money off a dg course to be interesting to politicians, and you begin to be amazed at the ignorance required to oppose the course on suspicion of corrupt politics. They must be picturing people playing disc golf on a ball golf course.
They're rabble rousing, plain and simple. It's a common political technique to distract the ignorant from the actual facts. Unfortunately it happens a lot.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.