Old 10-10-2012, 11:36 PM
Par Member

Disc Golf on Garmont's Website

I thought this was pretty cool. First thing you see when you go to Garmont's home page is the 2012 Sticky Lizard shoe with the quote "Athlete Favorite Disc Golf Shoe". Also has a pic of a Discatcher basket in a field with a disc golfer in the background. Another potentially great disc golf sponsor and it would be really cool to see them make a disc golf specific shoe.

http://www.garmontusa.com/garmont/
Old 10-11-2012, 12:00 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: RHBH
They sponsored an unsanctioned event in Vermont.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 108
Hmmm... I might have to look into some of those. Garments tend to fit my feet really well. I've loved both pairs of their boots that I've had.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHFH
cool, if I hadn't just purchased a pair of Merrill Chameleons I might have looked into these more. They might be a good summer shoe here especially on some of the rougher mountain courses. Not sure how well the Sticky Lizard shoe would work if the outsole is designed for approach and indoor climbing. Those super grippy type rubbers seem to break down a lot quicker than some of the hiking outsoles. They show discgolf on their slide show but not so much on the actual product page.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Par Member

Yeah there's not much info beyond the initial pic & quote but its still very cool because if they didn't see a positive marketing strategy they certainly could of used any number of other things. They have other shoes that would be much more durable + waterproof that would be better for disc golf so not sure why they picked the sticky cat. They look sweet though and would be very comfy for dry days.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:01 AM
* Ace Member *

garmont makes stellar shoes. approach shoes are great for disc golf. This is great more exposure is good for the sport!!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Par Member

If you've never heard of Garmont they make high end hiking footwear, boots, ski boots, etc.. An Italian based company but they have operations in the states as well. REI has carried 1-2 of they shoes for several years but most of their product is sold in independent hiking/camping shops.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 127
$150 bones is outa my league. but im a fan regardless for their support for dg.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by hophead View Post
If you've never heard of Garmont they make high end hiking footwear, boots, ski boots, etc.. An Italian based company but they have operations in the states as well. REI has carried 1-2 of they shoes for several years but most of their product is sold in independent hiking/camping shops.
A few years ago, I bought a pair of Garmonts and they only lasted 2 months on the course, which was disappointing, because I only use my disc golf shoes while playing disc golf.

Thankfully, I purchased them from REI. Traded them in for a pair of Vasques.

Hopefully, the current Garmonts hold up better than they did for me.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Par Member

Yeah I here ya. If you're spending that much you would expect to get a lot more life than that. Unfortunately disc golf is super tough on shoes. I've been playing for a long time and tried most of the brands & models out there. The only ones that held up well for me were the heavier all leather/suede ones like the merrell refuge core and garmont eclipse gtx. All the shoes that are super comfy and lighter are great but none of them lasted for me. Having good form and footwork on concrete pads will help the life of shoes more than anything.