Old 10-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Par Member

Strange and Miraculous Occurances on the Course

Just thought I would throw down a few weird stories that have happened to me and would love to hear other stories as well.

The most recent was with a Nuke I had but lost..a few times now. The last time was a few weeks ago at a course I don't frequent too often being that it's two hours away.
I get a voicemail on my phone from a dude who was in town a few days and happened to find it. Problem is, his number wasn't left in my caller i.d. and he didn't leave a number in his message.
I text a good friend who plays that course frequently and tell him if he happens to see a guy from N.C. named Hollis, that he has my Nuke..thinking it might be a long shot but why not.
He calls me back immediately after, telling me he happens to know the guy from way back and got him into the game to begin with, then he moved away. He didn't know he was back in town so he called and I got my Nuke back.

Another time I lost it was at another course I don't play often as well. I shanked it horribly into the unknown of some thick saw palmettos and gave up looking for it after an hour and many cuts to my legs.
Fast forward a month later, I'm playing the course and half way through the round I run into a friend who also happens to be a lefty and we play the course together. We get to the hole I lost it on last time and he does pretty much the same thing, shanks it hard to the right. He walks over and two feet from his disc is my Nuke, in the wide open.

My favorite though still to this day is when the dude from my previous story was throwing some practice shots at a basket I happened to be walking by, 400 feet away. I feel a thud in my back and reach back into my bag, he aced it right into my damn bag!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
I think most aces by amateurs are fairly "miraculous."
Old 10-06-2012, 12:33 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
I think most aces by amateurs are fairly "miraculous."
You call someone who can throw 400' amauter?
Old 10-06-2012, 12:35 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 48
I can throw 450' and I'm definitely an amateur.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:54 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 34
My brother and I usually play our home course and throw more drives then usual if it's dead out there to work on everything in repetition. Hole 15 he throws his fancy flexy elite z flick, his personal favorite disc, then like 4 more. He forgets to pick it up. We drive back to the course in the dark and couldn't find the disc. The next day on 17 he shanks on in the brush (he's playing like crap cause he's harping about his gone forever flick). He walks into the 1/2 creek 1/2 brush area, grabs his flash, and right under it is his flick. It was pretty awesome.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:17 AM
Par Member

I've also had a hawk swoop down on a white Star Sidewinder and knock it straight to the ground and a six foot long iguana bite into a putter that landed in front of his face, left some teeth marks in it too. Had two different iguanas get into a fight and they rolled right over one my discs that was on the waters edge, knocking it in..that one pissed me off.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan McGee View Post
You call someone who can throw 400' amauter?
All I'm basically saying is that most aces require some luck. Surely my first ace will be a minor "miracle."
Old 10-06-2012, 01:47 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHFH
During an extra windy round a few years ago a buddy if mine shanks his shot left. He finds his disc and takes his shot. As he is bending over to pick up his bag a branch breaks from above. He manages to scoop his bag and run to safety. This branch would of definitely injured him.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 22
I lost a favourite disc in a flooding river back in June. Now, the river is pretty dried up. A good buddy was walking along the river a few kilometers down stream, and found it last weekend.

Threw into some really thick bush. Spent an hour and a half looking for my go-to driver before I gave up. The next week, I was playing with some newbies who I knew would likely through into the bush so I went ahead and spotted for them. One hits the bush, but I saw where it was, and went right in to get it. It was stuck about 5' up. I reached up to get it, and when I pulled my hand down the disc that just went in was in my hand as well as the driver I lost the week before: they were in the EXACT same place.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHFH
I was playing a round near sunset and was trying to hurry before it gets too dark.
I throw my new Valkyrie on hole 16 and promptly lose sight of it.
After searching for 15 minutes, I run out of light and reluctantly head home.
First thing the next morning I head back to the course and find it in the woods.
I start a new round and ace hole #5 with the same disc.
It must have been happy that I came back for it.