Disc Golf Center
  #21  
Old 10-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Todd Wiley's Avatar
Todd Wiley Todd Wiley is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alpena, MI
Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc430 View Post

IMHO the marketplace has got really thin and spotty with selection. There's way more people who have decided not to pay then I thought.
Interesting opinion...

How did you come up with this statement?

So the top sellers on this site decided not to pay? I haven't seen that yet.

So people who didn't buy crowns are not using the marketplace? I haven't seen that yet either. I've dealt with several buyers and traders without crowns within the last month.

I realize that is your opinion up there, but do you have anything to back that up with?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-13-2012, 11:02 AM
timg's Avatar
timg timg is offline
*Administrator*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 240
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
I'll probably wait until after the first of the year but will definitely do it. Unless you can do it in November and be good until next November. Not sure if you can prorate it.

This is the best disc golf community on the interwebs fo sho. I'm happy to support it's administration costs. I'd do the big donation stuff if I wasn't a poor slob at the moment. Maybe I should sell some plastic lol
Any subscription you do is good for one year from the date you sign up. So if you sign up today, it's good until 10/13 of next year.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Todd Wiley's Avatar
Todd Wiley Todd Wiley is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alpena, MI
Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
I'll probably wait until after the first of the year but will definitely do it. Unless you can do it in November and be good until next November. Not sure if you can prorate it.

This is the best disc golf community on the interwebs fo sho. I'm happy to support it's administration costs. I'd do the big donation stuff if I wasn't a poor slob at the moment. Maybe I should sell some plastic lol
If you purchase in November, it is good for 12 months... till next November. You get 365 days.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-13-2012, 11:04 AM
jsc430's Avatar
jsc430 jsc430 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 121
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,350
Just surfing day to day I feel like I see less new threads. Its more of the same stuff over and over.

I don't have to go very far to find that thread that was posted 8-10 hours ago when before I would've had to go 2-3 pages back. There's less random threads with just one or a few discs. Also, if you look at the post counts, there are very few sells/posters with a low post count or a low feedback count.

Last edited by jsc430; 10-13-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Todd Wiley's Avatar
Todd Wiley Todd Wiley is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alpena, MI
Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc430 View Post
Just surfing day to day I feel like I see less new threads. Its more of the same stuff over and over.

I don't have to go very far to find that thread that was posted 8-10 hours ago when before I would've had to go 2-3 pages back. There's less random threads with just one or a few discs. Also, if you look at the post counts, there are very few sells/posters with a low post count or a low feedback count.
Oh... all I see that saying is less and less garbage is available to clutter on the MP. Perhaps I just dislike ebay enough to cloud my judgement on the current situation of the Marketplace.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-13-2012, 11:16 AM
SteezeOG's Avatar
SteezeOG SteezeOG is offline
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Emporia KS
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 4,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by timg View Post
Any subscription you do is good for one year from the date you sign up. So if you sign up today, it's good until 10/13 of next year.

Thanks, boss. I'll probably pay and list a big winter sale thread next weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-13-2012, 12:31 PM
iacas's Avatar
iacas iacas is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Erie, PA
Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc430 View Post
I don't have to go very far to find that thread that was posted 8-10 hours ago when before I would've had to go 2-3 pages back. There's less random threads with just one or a few discs. Also, if you look at the post counts, there are very few sells/posters with a low post count or a low feedback count.
I consider all of that a good thing, particularly the bold part.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-13-2012, 12:41 PM
apdrvya's Avatar
apdrvya apdrvya is offline
Marketplace Guru
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 243
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by timg View Post
* You're

* its
*pwned by the boss!

*infraction for trolling*
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-13-2012, 08:00 PM
AikoAdam's Avatar
AikoAdam AikoAdam is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Manistee, MI
Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 456
I agree with jsc. Not saying good or bad. jsc-- Todd talks that much when you're on the tee pad too.
Reply With Quote
 

  #30  
Old 10-14-2012, 12:11 AM
Todd Wiley's Avatar
Todd Wiley Todd Wiley is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alpena, MI
Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by AikoAdam View Post
I agree with jsc. Not saying good or bad. jsc-- Todd talks that much when you're on the tee pad too.
Indeed I do...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.