Old 10-18-2012, 03:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHFH
I forgot to mention that you can find more info about things happening around WNY from the NRDG (Niagara Region Disc Golf) message board. http://nrdg-forum.proboards.com/index.cgi

Some upcoming events include Friday Night Lights, glow rounds, at Hawk's Landing in Eden. This goes on thru at least the first Friday in Nov. And of course the Turkey Bowl at JD on Thanksgiving.

Another place to look for info or someone to play a round with is on the Facebook page Disc Golf in Buffalo. http://www.facebook.com/groups/12014...ref=ts&fref=ts
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanXz View Post
Thank you for all the replies folks!

I have a 150ish Star Leopard and a 156 champ Teebird on the way. I hate that the season is winding down and I've just started

It's dark by time I get home, I sit at work and look out the window and wish I was golfing! I'm hooked and I imagine I'm a life-er at this point
Night disc golf is an option!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpletwist View Post
I forgot to mention that you can find more info about things happening around WNY from the NRDG (Niagara Region Disc Golf) message board. http://nrdg-forum.proboards.com/index.cgi

Some upcoming events include Friday Night Lights, glow rounds, at Hawk's Landing in Eden. This goes on thru at least the first Friday in Nov. And of course the Turkey Bowl at JD on Thanksgiving.

Another place to look for info or someone to play a round with is on the Facebook page Disc Golf in Buffalo. http://www.facebook.com/groups/12014...ref=ts&fref=ts
Thank you again! I should probably play with people better than me to improve, but I'll admit I'm a tad timid. I'm the best in my group of four and I'm beyond awful :P

I know everyone starts somewhere, but I don't like being awful I did mention I'm hooked, just need to practice! I've been working on my drive and somehow developed some nasty OAT, haven't been able to get out to the field to fix it. Hopefully this weekend, rain or not I'm practicing!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 108
When you start to get alot better be careful with some of the lighter innova drivers, mainly the Star Destroyers, Teerex and Wraiths. From my personal experiences those are the most overstable of each mold that I have thrown and have heard from various others in my area that they felt that way about the 167g star destroyers and teerex, I had a 163g Star Wraith that was hard to turnover.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanXz View Post
Thank you again! I should probably play with people better than me to improve, but I'll admit I'm a tad timid. I'm the best in my group of four and I'm beyond awful :P

I know everyone starts somewhere, but I don't like being awful I did mention I'm hooked, just need to practice! I've been working on my drive and somehow developed some nasty OAT, haven't been able to get out to the field to fix it. Hopefully this weekend, rain or not I'm practicing!
I understand the timid part. The wife and I didn't play in any sort of organized event for over a year because we we're both self conscious about how bad we sucked. The Turkey Bowl was our first event I think. Very low key random draw doubles. But once we started playing events we were hooked even more. And it does improve your game. And if you can swing the schedule you should give the Wednesday Night League next spring. It travels to all of the local courses which in and of itself helps your game.

If you're hooked you overcome your OAT.

See you out there.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: LHBH
Good topic - I was going to ask the same question.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:10 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 50
I don't think anyone has mentioned it, but I think it's easier to feel the hit with a heavier driver. It might be worthwhile to start with a heavier distance driver to get the feel of it.

When I started, everything I threw was max weight. Of course, that doesn't make it right. However, there is an argument for it. I'd venture to say that many of these posters started with heavy discs and transitioned to lighter ones later once they got the feel of it with the more forgiving discs.

My devil's advocate 2 cents.