Old 10-12-2012, 06:23 PM

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: LHFH
Grip EQ customer service ...

I'm pretty close to buying a Grip EQ large tour bag, but am put off a little bit by complaints on their Facebook site. The folks at Grip seem to only reply to the positive comments but ignore the complaints -- seems kind of shady to me. I don't doubt they make good products, but even the best companies make mistakes -- I just don't want to get screwed when I drop $200 and **** happens, like my strap breaks. I may order a Hyzerbomb since reviews of their customer service is glowing. My problem with the Flak bag is that it seems like a Grip knockoff -- all their improvements their new third-generation bag are features found on the current Grip bags. Please help me decide -- this is a major investment for me.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 30.2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Buy a Grip and don't look back. Great bag, well built. Or get a Voodoo Mojo if you want slightly less capacity in a great regular style bag for less $$. I have both, and love 'em. Mojo for quick rounds with 16 discs, Grip for longer rounds/bigger courses with 21.

Tim S.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Buy a Physical Flight Challenger Backpack. Lifetime warranty and lighter than a grip bag and way more functional. Check out our thread with a review on the bag. Won't be dissapointed plus receive a free sweatshirt for the winter.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to bdodson
grip has always gotten back to me no problem
Old 10-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 34
They probably don't respond to negative feedback publicly. Would you want someone flaming you openly with you responding? I personally think they do it in a private message. Also stuff like that should be taken up on their website and not on facebook.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:15 PM

Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthbndr View Post
They probably don't respond to negative feedback publicly. Would you want someone flaming you openly with you responding? I personally think they do it in a private message. Also stuff like that should be taken up on their website and not on facebook.
If I were a business, yes -- that's why you have a public facebook page. As a business, show that you acknowledge your customers, then take care of the details in private. Once it's settled, customer posts glowing response. Problem solved -- except with Grip, the posts are all unresolved. It ain't rocket science, it's just customer service.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Eagle Member

^i agree...then people wouldread it and be like "wow! they really handled that situation well!!" instead of people thinking that they won't reply to negative feedback!!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
I'm going to wait and see what DD does with the two designs they are toying with. I do like the look of a Grip bag.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 38
So far, I've owned a Grip, Mahal, Revo in the backpack style. The Mahal is by far the best when it comes to quality of construction, but the Grip smokes it in the design dept. The Revo is just garbage!
Since I own a few Grips, I rotate them to keep them fresh. So I haven't had any issues witht the bag so far. Seems like the majority of the people who had issues with the 1st run bags were taken care of. If I'm not mistaken, Justin let them keep the 1st runs and sent them 2nds sight unseen?
When I was 1st looking at these bags. Justin was quick to respond to my e-mails and answered and calmed any fears I had about the bag.
So, with the limited contact I've had with Grip. I've had nothing but possitive returns with them.

P.S. Jeeeeeze Mr. Physical Flight.....the guy was asking about Grip bags.....being pushy is a turn off and won't help sales.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forehand Shiver View Post
If I were a business, yes -- that's why you have a public facebook page. As a business, show that you acknowledge your customers, then take care of the details in private. Once it's settled, customer posts glowing response. Problem solved -- except with Grip, the posts are all unresolved. It ain't rocket science, it's just customer service.
You would think that...

but it seems like way too many companies have really crappy customer service.