Old 10-12-2012, 08:41 PM

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
I'm going to wait and see what DD does with the two designs they are toying with. I do like the look of a Grip bag.
Can you post a link with info about these two designs? I haven't heard anything.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Eagle Member

there's a thread about will s.'s bag at usdgc...there's some speculation and pics flying around in there
Old 10-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
I had a **** bag for a first run Justin was stand up and let me keep my first run, and sent my second run replacement with Eric Mcabe to the Canadian world championship. He also donated a bag for raffle at the Canadians that year and it was a huge hit! It made the club some money and gave Justin some serious Canadian exposure. I will be asking him to donate again and I have no doubt he will continue to be the stand up guy I know him to be. Buy the bag and you will have no regrets.
Gary
Old 10-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 61
Throwing Style: RHBH
I mentioned the story in the main grip thread, but I ran a fundraiser this summer and was going to raffle 2 grips off and accidentally gave Dan my work address with my home zip and the bags bounced back to him...I wasn't going to have the bags at the tournament. As soon as I realized the mistake I got a hold of Dan and he drove from Kansas to southern Illinois just outside of St Louis the morning of the tournament and hand delivered the bags and hung out until the start of the second round. I lucked out and he was on the way to worlds but its still a killer gesture considering it was my mistake in the first place. Have no fear with grip, they will take care of you if you have a problem.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:32 PM
* Ace Member *

^dehaas your story sold me on the grip!! thanks for sharing again!!

Justin is a stand up guy he will make things right if there are issues.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:52 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Got a bad first run. They agreed to replace and let me keep my old bag. I was told I would get a second run. When all the Pros were sporting their 2nd runs on DGplanet, I asked if mine was on the way. I was told mine would come "possibly" on the third run now if they got enough. 3rd run landed, no bag. Finally 4th I got it and promptly sold it to buy a Golf Mahal. All I ever heard from them was their demand was higher than supply to get me a replacement. Never an apology

Chalk it up to GripEQ learning Customer Service, because I am aware that first run caused a **** storm for them.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 6
I've been thinking about getting a grip bag only because I am carrying more than my main compartment can hold on my mojo. I could get another 10 discs in my mojo side pockets, but I dont like to do that. I looked at grip bags at USDGC and in my opinion the Voodoo is better material. Their customer service is excellent also. Grip is one of those everybody has a different experience companies from what I have read. You are thinking on the right path. Spotless customer service wins in the longevity department!
Old 10-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.8
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forehand Shiver View Post
My problem with the Flak bag is that it seems like a Grip knockoff
nope, not at all
Old 10-13-2012, 10:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forehand Shiver View Post
I'm pretty close to buying a Grip EQ large tour bag, but am put off a little bit by complaints on their Facebook site. The folks at Grip seem to only reply to the positive comments but ignore the complaints -- seems kind of shady to me. I don't doubt they make good products, but even the best companies make mistakes -- I just don't want to get screwed when I drop $200 and **** happens, like my strap breaks. I may order a Hyzerbomb since reviews of their customer service is glowing. My problem with the Flak bag is that it seems like a Grip knockoff -- all their improvements their new third-generation bag are features found on the current Grip bags. Please help me decide -- this is a major investment for me.
Careful about talking Ill about Grip Eq on here bro, the homers will come out of the woodwork and yell at you to no end.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwingles View Post
Careful about talking Ill about Grip Eq on here bro, the homers will come out of the woodwork and yell at you to no end.
nahhh just dont talk crap about MVP in this board and you will be fine!!