Old 10-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHFH
I've seen a few Stalkers that appeared to be translucent, almost like they skipped a step in the production. FWIW, I have a few (Stalker, Force, Wasp) and I don't really use any of them. I prefer my Z or Glo Stalker and haven't found a place for the Wasp or Force. It's partly a grip issue and partly a color issue.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Some Ti is very goldline like in appearance. Very pearly, swirly, bright, and shines like crazy in the sun. Other Ti is more of a duller, solid color with some sparkly-shine to it in sun. I have Wasps in both types. Neither have proven too hard to find because they both have something in the color that is activated by sunshine to make it a bit brighter / sparkle / etc.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pwnerator View Post
Agreed.

However, I don't like the comparison to Lat 64's GL plastic. I think GL is quite a bit grippier.

But we were just talking about this in another thread, grip is subjective between different people.
Same for me. The Ti discs I've had (one buzzz, one stalker) were slick whereas all my goldline discs (saint, river, flow) are a little more flexy and give a nice tacky grip while still looking slick. It's the best plastic on the market IMO and Ti did nothing to change that.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 6
My wasp is pretty grippy. You can feel the mold marks in the plastic.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 16
Well I'm not really convinced I should go out and buy until I run into one and see how they feel. I played in the rain today and the best grip on got was on my gateway super stupid soft and sure grip plastic. Champion blizzard star ESP n pro plastics failed me
Old 10-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankyjahnke View Post
Well I'm not really convinced I should go out and buy until I run into one and see how they feel. I played in the rain today and the best grip on got was on my gateway super stupid soft and sure grip plastic. Champion blizzard star ESP n pro plastics failed me
Base plastics are better in the wet, it's a fact.

IMO Ti was a horrible idea, but that's just me. FLX is what I feel they were going for, but instead of an insanely grippy disc they wanted it purrrty due to all the Euro-lovin' that was going on. I love Z, ESP, FLX, X, and D over all of Innovas comparable plastics*, but not Ti.

*CE and other OOP **** doesn't count, I refuse to buy+throw a new $40-$200 disc.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 17
I have a Ti force that is a very beautiful pearly lavender color. It flies like a turd. I like my pink forces to be fairly flat, but this Ti force actually seems to have a sunken flight plate.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 15
My Ti Force has the sunken flight plate, my Ti Nuke does not, but my Ti Nuke is way more overstable than my Ti Force, which is annoying. Do you guys remember all the really neat professionally done photos of Ti before it came out ? The photos were so cool looking it created a frenzy, but the majority of the production discs look nothing like the snazzy photos Discraft had produced, and the same can be said for MVP, the professionally produced photos of the Neutron plastic were deceptive, the discs do not look anywhere as cool as the photos they publish, but I surely do love my Neutron Ions, love, love, love. And back on the Ti - my Ti Wasp is a keeper, very nice disc, goes much farther than a Z Wasp, so I do not really even consider it a Wasp, more like a slightly more overstable Stalker.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 56
my ti force is almost unusably over stable. Ti Nuke is as Mark Ellis described, between a beefy Z and an OS. Much to OS for my needs, I was disappointed by this.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 16
So it seems these first couple runs are very inconsistent at this point. Definetly like my flx buzzz. The dz disc I had today was a boss and it was way to windy and kept flipping into a roller on me.