Disc Golf Store
Old 01-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Eagle Member

I'm just gonna say: if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I've had a lot of different buzz and buzz ss and they are all a little bit different. If you get one you like, stick with it. No need to change to upgrade the plastic IMO. Life will force you to change when it gets lost one day, which is what happened to all my favorites

But I got some new ones that are almost as good
Old 01-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
I throw buzzz's of all plastic for 50%+ of my game and i can say that TI durability is strong, they start a tick less stable then z, but hold stability longer, my z buzzz's get bent out of shape with a hard tree knock where TI does not. Grip wise, both z and and ESP ate better, but not by much
Old 01-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: LHBH
I actually really like my TI Buzzz. It is my go to mid and it is just as stable as it was when I bought it. Its real durable. And my copper/orange color is pretty damn easy to find. I know there's lots of bad colors though.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Birdie Member

The Ti nuke and force i've thrown are waaaay too slick, stiff and overstable. However I like the emac Ti wasp a lot, and some Ti buzz are nice. Really inconsistent imo.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:27 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
I found all of my Ti discs to be equally or more durable to my Z and opto discs. Fairly stiff, very hard, and fairly slick. Pick decent colors and they are obviously just as easy to find as any other disc. It is a beautiful and very pretty plastic if you are looking for a Z disc it is worth a detour. The one and only qualm I have with it is that some discs tend to not mold up as perfectly. this is true of most companies and plastics but if you are used to the amazingly consistent molding of a Z buzzz it can be disconcerting if your Ti buzzz has a slightly less uniform flight plate or your stalker is abnormally flat and overstable. Great plastic, very underrated.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:02 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pwnerator View Post
Agreed.

However, I don't like the comparison to Lat 64's GL plastic. I think GL is quite a bit grippier.

But we were just talking about this in another thread, grip is subjective between different people.
amen
Old 01-03-2014, 07:04 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 21
GL = better looking, better grip, better glide and much less durability. The only common traits GL and TI have are shinny opaque plastic
Old 01-03-2014, 07:34 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 83
TI Nukes are generally pretty OS. Its a good disc if youre looking for an OS Nuke that i not the Nuke OS. Those first cople runs of TI Stalkers were also pretty darn OS for a stalker. Not sure if that has changed at all. And to me the TI Buzzz is a little straighter than a new Z buzzz. And the big thing for most people is that TI is stiffer than their other pastic, so if you like it that way then itll be good for you. The price is also way high for this disc.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
TI Nukes are generally pretty OS. Its a good disc if youre looking for an OS Nuke that i not the Nuke OS. Those first cople runs of TI Stalkers were also pretty darn OS for a stalker. Not sure if that has changed at all. And to me the TI Buzzz is a little straighter than a new Z buzzz. And the big thing for most people is that TI is stiffer than their other pastic, so if you like it that way then itll be good for you. The price is also way high for this disc.
ive thrown around 4 ti stalkers and they all are really beefy. makes it so i can have one mold for all fairway purposes cuz i beat up z as well. also wasp was slightly more OS and i bag one of those to compliment my z wasps. sadly ti wasp and ti stalker are OOP now according to discrafts website

Old 01-03-2014, 09:50 PM
Eagle Member

I would love to have a TI Stalker in the bag. If only I could find one in a bright color. Why can't Discraft make bright colored TI discs? Discraft does so much right, but produces so many TI discs the same color as mud.