Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

View Poll Results: Which OS Mid to go with?
MD3 4 33.33%
Ghost 1 8.33%
Mace 4 33.33%
Pain 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2015, 04:16 PM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 25.2
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Default What OS Mid do you Pair with your Warship?

So I have a Bard and Verdict but both are a bit too meathooky. I just ordered a new max weight VIP though to go with my other ShiPs. Maybe that will work, but I am considering a Mace and Pain also. Maybe a MD3 or Ghost, I threw Rocs for the longest time.

If you were to buy one to try which would it be?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2015, 04:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieMachine View Post
So I have a Bard and Verdict but both are a bit too meathooky. I just ordered a new max weight VIP though to go with my other ShiPs. Maybe that will work, but I am considering a Mace and Pain also. Maybe a MD3 or Ghost, I threw Rocs for the longest time.

If you were to buy one to try which would it be?
Haha, I also have Bard and Verdict sitting next to a Warship. I really like the Mace as a shorter Warship, but have since fallen for a Big Z Buzzz. I also carry a Truth, and some may say I have massive redundancy, but there really is a method to it, and it works for me. Pain may overlap Bard.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
Haha, I also have Bard and Verdict sitting next to a Warship. I really like the Mace as a shorter Warship, but have since fallen for a Big Z Buzzz. I also carry a Truth, and some may say I have massive redundancy, but there really is a method to it, and it works for me. Pain may overlap Bard.
Hmmm, I read the Pain thread and it seems as that would be a straighter mid then the Bard. Though I only have one Bard, my Bard is more OS then my Verdicts. I got a bunch of Truths too that I can't get myself to sell incase I change my mind sometime.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieMachine View Post
Hmmm, I read the Pain thread and it seems as that would be a straighter mid then the Bard. Though I only have one Bard, my Bard is more OS then my Verdicts. I got a bunch of Truths too that I can't get myself to sell incase I change my mind sometime.
I use my Verdict for longer higher power OS shots. Bard has taken the shorter ones because my Suspect is just too damn straight. I really am not sure about Pain being straighter because I threw mine twice than gave it to a guy that needed it more than I did. My comment was just a guess from that.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 42

I don't use a Warship, but I do use an Prodigy 750 M4, which is very similar in flight to the Warships I've thrown. (much more understable than their flight ratings indicate) My best pairs are a beat in 2013 mold Prodigy M1 (dead straight with mild fade) and DD Lucid Verdict, which I use for solidly overstable shots or headwinds.

If you're looking for an OS compliment to your Warship in Trillo plastic, check out the Verdict in Lucid plastic. Not a meathook, but solidly OS and very workable!

Cheers.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:43 PM
Banned

Up your game to a wasp
Old 11-30-2015, 04:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Verdict. Similar feel other end of the stability spectrum. Perfect pairing
Old 11-30-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
I use my Verdict for longer higher power OS shots. Bard has taken the shorter ones because my Suspect is just too damn straight. I really am not sure about Pain being straighter because I threw mine twice than gave it to a guy that needed it more than I did. My comment was just a guess from that.
I carry Suspects too, but yeah they don't go real far and actually start turning for me in a heavy wind. But I suppose I could just throw in a Bio for real windy days, usually I carry a Fuzion and a Lucid with the Lucid being straighter. Maybe I should try beating in the Verdicts a bit also. I don't always carry them.

My usual midranges in the bag,

Bard, Suspects, Warships, Fuse, Tursas. So I carry 7 or more sometimes. I say overlap blah, I know how all my discs fly.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reniger View Post
I don't use a Warship, but I do use an Prodigy 750 M4, which is very similar in flight to the Warships I've thrown. (much more understable than their flight ratings indicate) My best pairs are a beat in 2013 mold Prodigy M1 (dead straight with mild fade) and DD Lucid Verdict, which I use for solidly overstable shots or headwinds.

If you're looking for an OS compliment to your Warship in Trillo plastic, check out the Verdict in Lucid plastic. Not a meathook, but solidly OS and very workable!

Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
Verdict. Similar feel other end of the stability spectrum. Perfect pairing
I'm kind of leaning that way now also, I have a couple Verdicts but they are not normally bagged, the fade is a little strong. My bag gets cramped at twenty five discs so I need a bigger bag too.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 29

Beat up your Verdict. It's a great pair with the Warship. They are about the same speed and even beat the Verdict holds its hss very well. Mine isn't dumpy at all, but definitely has some fade. I would say it's similar to a fresh Roc3 in stability, just faster.