Old 10-09-2013, 08:24 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
Sounds like the 168 Pinnacles I mentioned. Unfortunately those are the gummiest ones.

That's not to say that I don't love the feel of my 172. It was amazing in the heat this summer. Closest plastic I've felt to pearly 11X KC Pro.
What Patriots do you throw currently for what shots and what plastics are they?
Old 10-09-2013, 08:39 AM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkaiser View Post
What Patriots do you throw currently for what shots and what plastics are they?
I pair two patriots with my two rivals.

My older patriot is a lion stamped lime green legend plastic. I got it right when the lion stamps were first released so I've been throwing it for a while. It is fairly understable and can be hyzer flipped to an anny. I also will use it for 70-80% smooth right turning shots that won't bite back.

My other patriot is a max weight first run pinnacle. I love this disc for hyzer flip to dead straight shots. I can really get on this disc (80-90%) from a hyzer flip and it won't track right very far in its flight. It also has a nice dose of low speed fade that I like to take advantage on with long turnovers with a little bite at the end. I prefer this patriot because it is way more reliable and flies a lot like a seasoned teebird.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 28
I keep 3 Patriots in the bag.

1 flippy Icon Patriot - 1st run I think
1 new run Icon Patriot - more stable
1 1st Run Pinnacle Patriot - it was almost Rival stable when I first got it. Still flies nice and stable.

I find Icon to be the best at turning or flip shots, specifically flat Patriots. The Pinnacle tends to be more stable because of a higher parting line and dome. Someone commented that the flat 160s Pinnacles are stable, well I have found the exact opposite. These were considerably less stable than the heavy Pinnacles, and fly more like Icon for me.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
I keep 3 Patriots in the bag.

1 flippy Icon Patriot - 1st run I think
1 new run Icon Patriot - more stable
1 1st Run Pinnacle Patriot - it was almost Rival stable when I first got it. Still flies nice and stable.

I find Icon to be the best at turning or flip shots, specifically flat Patriots. The Pinnacle tends to be more stable because of a higher parting line and dome. Someone commented that the flat 160s Pinnacles are stable, well I have found the exact opposite. These were considerably less stable than the heavy Pinnacles, and fly more like Icon for me.
Is there anything you would compare or contrast the Patriot too?

I had the River but I wanted something longer, so I was thinking Patriot or Fury. Would this fit?
Old 10-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabay View Post
Is there anything you would compare or contrast the Patriot too?

I had the River but I wanted something longer, so I was thinking Patriot or Fury. Would this fit?
The Patriot can handle a little more power IMO then the River. It also likes to fight back from anhyzers slightly if given enough room to work. I kind of think of it as a longer Leopard in flight pattern.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 28
The Patriot is definitely built for hyzer/flat flips(that can turnover). It is great at penetrating forward on these lines. It honestly isn't ideal as a pure anhyzer disc, but I do like it as a roller because of the fat nose. A river or fury seem more built towards holding anhyzers to the end. For example I would rock Rival, Patriot, Fury if I wanted a complete fairway setup. But I tend to prefer throwing hyzer flip turnovers so I just use Patriots. The Patriot is probably best described as a TL/QJLS/Leopard combo
Old 10-10-2013, 02:14 AM

Years Playing: 2.8
Alright, so I'm looking for a patriot that I could hyzer flip, go a tad right, and then fade just a little bit to finish straight. I currently have a 168g icon, that turns and goes right, but it doesn't come back very much, and I love it for long anhyzers, but i want one for controlled hyzer flips. I have a 175g icon and its a little too stable, I can get it to flip up but I have to put a lot on it, and it always finished too far left. I was thinking of a 168 gummy pinnacle? would that be a good one for that shot? I tried a 171 pinnacle and it was just like my 175 icon. Do you guys think the 168 pinnacle is what I'm looking for? for reference I throw my patriots and rivals 300-325ft, real distance, internet distance probably 325-350ft
Old 10-10-2013, 10:57 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 87
Send a message via AIM to seehad
The 168 gummy pinnacles I have are flat with a higher PLH so they are not hyzerflippers ATM. The 175 first run icon is my hyzer flip disc. It's been beat up enough to get that flight without having to lay into it. Mine is on the flat side compared to some of the production runs I've seen. This is at a mile high too; at sea level it's gold and any higher I need to crank it.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 12
I have a white 175 icon patriot, it started out with the stability of an eagle x, and has worked its way to a pro leo style flight, nice and straight from a lil hyzer with just the slightest amount of turn. It probably took close to 10 solid tree his to get there. For reference my distance is in the 400' range. I was pretty surprised the first couple times I threw it.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by goaliedavid View Post
Alright, so I'm looking for a patriot that I could hyzer flip, go a tad right, and then fade just a little bit to finish straight. I currently have a 168g icon, that turns and goes right, but it doesn't come back very much, and I love it for long anhyzers, but i want one for controlled hyzer flips. I have a 175g icon and its a little too stable, I can get it to flip up but I have to put a lot on it, and it always finished too far left. I was thinking of a 168 gummy pinnacle? would that be a good one for that shot? I tried a 171 pinnacle and it was just like my 175 icon. Do you guys think the 168 pinnacle is what I'm looking for? for reference I throw my patriots and rivals 300-325ft, real distance, internet distance probably 325-350ft
I would just recommend that you beat up your 175 icon a little bit more. Once broken into their sweet spot, the max weights are hyzer flip machines.