Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 11-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Bending Rodriguez

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 94
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to B3NDER
I think its great that they've went from the rampage and cannon and are creating quite the following as well as great discs.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2012, 09:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Shark View Post
The Patriot is now PDGA Approved!
Awesome. We are almost finished creating the flyer for our Legacy Ace Race here in Minnesota. Hopefully in the next week it will be finished. We have already been in contact with Legacy to hold ours in March, and we just need to get it finalized.

As much as I think the Icon Ghost is the best disc ever made (at least until i get my hands on a Pinnacle Ghost), there are a few individuals within my am league who are diehard Buzzz throwers. Having the options of either the Rival or Patriot as our Ace Race disc is going to be a big draw.

I am also very happy to hear that the Rival and Patriot are going to be out soon. I was ready to get down and beg to get prototypes so we could have them to test the course we are modifying. The biggest complaint we had with our Discraft Ace Race was that they did not tell us what the disc was until a few days before our tournament (we were the first one in Minnesota). Following their trend we set up our course thinking it would be a mid or putter; learning it was a driver days before our tournament made it impossible to change our course in time (we had player maps printed).

Yes, yes, shameless plea; I would still love to get a proto or pre-release Rival or Patriot so I can test the course in December, but I am definitely going to purchase a few the moment they are available at GGGT so we can start testing in January.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 18
i'd love to try one! any legacy disc i'm all for. especially in pinnacle plastic
Old 11-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Birdie Member

If there is any truth behind some pros leaving their current sponsors for Legacy that would mean that these new discs (Patriot & Rival) are as awesome as we think they might be. With some guys coming over from Innova I would think the Rival is going to be very Teebird like. If Legacy keeps making the kick ass plastic then I'm all in for a few of each!
Old 11-29-2012, 11:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooter View Post
If there is any truth behind some pros leaving their current sponsors for Legacy that would mean that these new discs (Patriot & Rival) are as awesome as we think they might be. With some guys coming over from Innova I would think the Rival is going to be very Teebird like. If Legacy keeps making the kick ass plastic then I'm all in for a few of each!
I am sitting on 19 TeeBirds, 7 Firebirds, and 8 Valkyries. The rest of my throwing inventory for drivers includes 1 XXX (thumbers) and 2 VIP Giants (special massive sky anhyzers).

As for Legacy, right now I have spread over four bags (each with a different purpose and divided between two vehicles) 4 Pinnacle Canons and 8 Icon Ghosts. I am currently throwing Ions and Anodes for putters, but if money was no issue and they were available, I would have no qualms converting over to Icon and Pinnacle Clutches.

If Pinnacle Ghosts are anything like Hornets, man I would be set.

Me looking for sponsorship? Probably not at my mid-level advanced ability. (Yes, another shameless plug in this thread) But if pros do move over and better and better discs are pushed out because of their desire to throw similar-to-Innova discs, then I think my bag set-up that I declared "set" earlier this year is in serious jeopardy of being pulled part. Anyone need 15 or so "thrower" TeeBirds?
Old 11-30-2012, 11:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: LHBH
Very excited for the fairways. I haven't ventured into the Legacy realm yet, but I will be trying the fairways, and most likely the Icon/Pinnacle ghosts as well.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:33 AM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 38
^^ yeah im in the same boat.. have yet to try any of the Legacy dics.. have heard good things but have yet had the chance to feel any up but im all about the slower stuff so interested in the fairways and ghost
Old 11-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrawk View Post
Very excited for the fairways. I haven't ventured into the Legacy realm yet, but I will be trying the fairways, and most likely the Icon/Pinnacle ghosts as well.
The ghost's a good disc. I have one in icon, one in pinnacle and one in protege and they all fly great. The Icon reminds me of a domey DX roc in its flight but in premium plastic.

My only complaint with them is, oddly enough, the straight rather than slightly slanted rim. I managed to jam up my fingers something terrible throwing these because the straight rim caught my fingers on a throw and pulled them sideways. Some people REALLY like the straight rim though.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 38
Where and when can we expect to see these at retailers?

Old 11-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 51
Looking forward to trying some legacy stuff. The patriot sounds right up my alley. I will have to throw a ghost too. Ok ok just gotta get one of each. Or two. Or five....