Old 10-27-2013, 05:58 PM
Putters! Putters! Putters!

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.arment View Post
Just threw a production run pinnacle pat. Awesome. Tons of glide. And true to its numbers
Just don't get a 168 ivory/yellow. They're flat and more high speed stable like a TeeBird. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just a completely different animal from the domier ones.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHFH
LOVE those flat, pearly ivory/yellow pinnacle patriots. The best grip I've found on a plastic since pearly 11X KC Pro, plus they look great. They are excellent forehand finesse fairways drivers for my power level. I should probably stock up on them, in case they were a one run wonder.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blammo View Post
LOVE those flat, pearly ivory/yellow pinnacle patriots. The best grip I've found on a plastic since pearly 11X KC Pro, plus they look great. They are excellent forehand finesse fairways drivers for my power level. I should probably stock up on them, in case they were a one run wonder.
I believe the Legend Patriots are similar. Pretty sure lion has some 173s and above if you're interested.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
Just don't get a 168 ivory/yellow. They're flat and more high speed stable like a TeeBird. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just a completely different animal from the domier ones.
I was completely shocked when I threw one. Definitely not understable at all
Old 10-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabay View Post
I was completely shocked when I threw one. Definitely not understable at all
Yes I was too. I bought a couple 168 gummy yellows and they were more HSS than a brand new flat Icon 174g. Really weird disc, feels great just doesn't have a spot in my bag yet. Has anyone broken one of these into a turnover machine yet? Or should I try out a domier heavier pinnace?

Currently my 174g icon is pretty understable, and I only carry 1 patriot. I haven't tried golf lines with the pinnacle, but it seems to fly almost identical to my really seasoned icon rival...

Last edited by Jlee; 10-28-2013 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Added a ¿question?
Old 10-28-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlee View Post
Yes I was too. I bought a couple 168 gummy yellows and they were more HSS than a brand new flat Icon 174g. Really weird disc, feels great just doesn't have a spot in my bag yet. Has anyone broken one of these into a turnover machine yet? Or should I try out a domier heavier pinnace?

Currently my 174g icon is pretty understable, and I only carry 1 patriot. I haven't tried golf lines with the pinnacle, but it seems to fly almost identical to my really seasoned icon rival...
I've found that all other First Run Pinnacles (haven't tried a second run) are turnover machines that fly very similarly to my Icon. I carry a 168 in place of TeeBirds and a 172 domey white Pinnacle for turnovers (it's out getting dyed now, and I'm throwing an Icon in its place but can't tell a difference).
Old 10-28-2013, 05:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
I found the 168g gummy yellows to be less stable like the Icons. The domey oranges one's I got had a high parting line and fly more like a stable QJLS.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Had a chance to try out my FR Icon Patriot Red 171g and my production run Icon Patriot Red 174g.

First thing, is I am amazed by how many good shots I had with this and how very little bad shots I had. My friend who was playing with me knew right away that this disc was a good disc for me. The FR is a bit more flippy but not by a whole bunch. The production run was just a very straight disc overall. Neither was "understable" brand new. They were super easy to control.

BTW this isn't a Leopard. I say it is a much better disc than that. More glide, more stability, and more distance. It felt like a laser beam coming out of the hand. Very sleek and fast. Personally I was getting speed 8 or 9 out of it. Both discs were making shots I never made before with a disc. In comparison to the Legend line which was more TL like, these Patriots were what I always wanted a leopard to be. Actually, they are really what I always wanted my Stratus to be.

The Patriot is something where you can rip into it with a flat release and have it go straight or slightly right.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkaiser View Post
Had a chance to try out my FR Icon Patriot Red 171g and my production run Icon Patriot Red 174g.

First thing, is I am amazed by how many good shots I had with this and how very little bad shots I had. My friend who was playing with me knew right away that this disc was a good disc for me. The FR is a bit more flippy but not by a whole bunch. The production run was just a very straight disc overall. Neither was "understable" brand new. They were super easy to control.

BTW this isn't a Leopard. I say it is a much better disc than that. More glide, more stability, and more distance. It felt like a laser beam coming out of the hand. Very sleek and fast. Personally I was getting speed 8 or 9 out of it. Both discs were making shots I never made before with a disc. In comparison to the Legend line which was more TL like, these Patriots were what I always wanted a leopard to be. Actually, they are really what I always wanted my Stratus to be.

The Patriot is something where you can rip into it with a flat release and have it go straight or slightly right.
I agree w all of this.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrihan View Post
I agree w all of this.
More good throws today at the course with the Icons. Just a great disc.

I might have to try a Pinnacle now.