Old 02-19-2014, 09:53 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrowe View Post
I wish there was better consistency across Icon Patriots.
From my understanding of how Icons go:

1st Run Icon Patriot = More understable and more like a Leopard

Subsequent Icon Run(s) = More stable and more like (probably) a TL, JLS, Eagle-L, etc.

It could be that you got a earlier run. Weight will also have a factor.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
have a feeling patriots will weasel their way back into my bag here soon. i keep losing PPD. -____- it will be nice to have something understable back in the bag again for uphill drives/hyzerflips and not having to worry about it fading out. might start with a pinnacle.
I would recommend an Icon for what you're looking for. I have a couple 168 Pinnacles that also fit that bill, but my heavier Pinnacle Patriots definitely have a healthy fade.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:51 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 41
I would describe it as the Patriot beats into Leopard, but when its fresh, flies alot more like an eagle -l, or beat teebird/ TL
Old 02-20-2014, 12:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
I would recommend an Icon for what you're looking for. I have a couple 168 Pinnacles that also fit that bill, but my heavier Pinnacle Patriots definitely have a healthy fade.
yeah, we will have to see. i will probably snag one of each. i throw a lot; this summer i was throwing at least 5 days a week, 1-3 rounds each time. pinnacle will beat into perfection for me and it shouldn't take too long. i used to have an icon and i really liked it as my go-to driver on almost all holes until it was officially "beat". i picked up a FR pinnacle (not one of the lighter gummies that are OS) and hated it; it flew like my rival. i throw farther and cleaner now so it'll be interesting to see how the icon and pinnacle separate themselves.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:32 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 21
I guess my first post got deleted (not sure why. If it's cause I solicited a trade/sale that was more of a forethought and less of a serious offer. Apologies)

I would still like to share my opinion, that the Icon Patriot I purchased is MUCH more overstable than I thought it would be. I'm talking, Eagle stable. I was really hoping it would fly closer to a Leopard, right off the shelf. I assumed this was their intent (the stability of the disc, not mirroring the Leopard.) Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Will we eventually see the Patriot as a less-stable disc right off the shelf? Or was this stability their intent?
Old 03-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 52
Wow, my Icon Patriot is very straight. With power it flips pretty easily. I use it for powered down shots, some anhyzers, and a lot of rollers. My Pinnacle is more of a workhorse driver.

Reading the above posts, it could be because mine is a first run.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:59 PM
Birdie Member

I got my Icon Patriot in March of 2012. Not sure the run, but it was almost teebird stable at first. After two years in the bag, one Ace, and many throws later, I feel like it is JUST hitting a sweet spot. It started off def more stable than my pinnacle patriots. I hardly throw those because this one is so money stable. It will turn with a bit of power, but always fades back.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:28 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrihan View Post
I got my Icon Patriot in March of 2012. Not sure the run, but it was almost teebird stable at first. After two years in the bag, one Ace, and many throws later, I feel like it is JUST hitting a sweet spot. It started off def more stable than my pinnacle patriots. I hardly throw those because this one is so money stable. It will turn with a bit of power, but always fades back.
color?
Old 03-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonespongpilot View Post
color?
White with a black stock stamp

Old 03-13-2014, 11:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 16
i wound up not throwing the pinnacle, went and bought an icon instead. it actually has a bit of a puddle top, but it's just too flat not to throw. my first icon was money, so i figured if it ain't broke don't fix it.

parked my first shot with it, boom. back in the bag. might use this instead of the OLS and then just use my SOLFs and work them in tandem with my QOLFs. or maybe get a MOLF.

anyway, tangent aside, still love the patriot. great disc, though i am tempted to maybe go try an FD as well since apparently the different runs can cover a rival/patriot combo. but i probably won't. hassle.