Old 04-12-2014, 02:15 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Sparkle goodness.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140409_144308.jpg (126.0 KB, 37 views)
Old 05-20-2014, 03:16 PM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 23.6
Courses Played: 40
Well I decided to buy a Patriot. Pinnacle White 174. My Leopards are all beat to crap except my Champ. Had major flashing on it so that immediately went. Haven't thrown it yet. My quest to have the TL replace my Leopards was a bust, I just don't get enough turn out of them without Anny. Pro's are pop and proshop only so I really don't want to go that route. Anyways hoping I can beat this in and have a longer Leo flight. It's really comfy to grip and the plastic is pure Legacy grippy and stiff. I just had to buy it.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieMachine View Post
Well I decided to buy a Patriot. Pinnacle White 174. My Leopards are all beat to crap except my Champ. Had major flashing on it so that immediately went. Haven't thrown it yet. My quest to have the TL replace my Leopards was a bust, I just don't get enough turn out of them without Anny. Pro's are pop and proshop only so I really don't want to go that route. Anyways hoping I can beat this in and have a longer Leo flight. It's really comfy to grip and the plastic is pure Legacy grippy and stiff. I just had to buy it.
I made the switch from Leos to Pats and the major difference I found is that the Pat is more speed sensitive than Leos. If I under throw a Pat and release it with too much hyzer, it'll stand up just a bit and then fade back pretty hard. Likewise, if I rip it with too much OAT, it'll turn and burn. Leo's were a little more forgiving for me on either end. Wooded shots for example I would dial back and release a Leo with hyzer and it would flip and drift a bit then sit down. For Pats I need to be more precise.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:46 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdiv48 View Post
I made the switch from Leos to Pats and the major difference I found is that the Pat is more speed sensitive than Leos. If I under throw a Pat and release it with too much hyzer, it'll stand up just a bit and then fade back pretty hard. Likewise, if I rip it with too much OAT, it'll turn and burn. Leo's were a little more forgiving for me on either end. Wooded shots for example I would dial back and release a Leo with hyzer and it would flip and drift a bit then sit down. For Pats I need to be more precise.
Only been throwing the Patriot for a week or so, but that's how I see it so far. I'm loving it overall and finding myself throwing it more places than I thought I would -- for instance a couple throws where I would hyzer flip the Renegade it's easier to throw the Patriot flat. I was kind of assuming it would be a Leopard replacement but it doesn't turn as easy. On the plus side, that means it's not as susceptible to wind, so...
Old 05-20-2014, 07:32 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 18
I also made the switch. I suppose I dropped leos out a while ago and was without this slot. But, I wanted something faster as to not overlap with the mids. I picked up a 167 Icon Pat and I agree with what I read in the last two posts. It seems kind of touchy, but I don't think much more than the Leos. However, I feel as soon as it breaks in a little more I think it'll be perfect. Thrown low and flat it is still a laser. Serves it's purpose well, I feel! I am happy with adding it.

Cheers!
Old 05-20-2014, 09:41 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 29
I've got a stiff and domey white 1st run pinnacle patriot that is super beefy. I've been throwing it into trees for a while now and it still doesn't have a bit of turn.

Anyone else have one like this?
Old 05-20-2014, 09:57 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 41
My original icon patriot I got when they first released is just now turning hard, I think it is a different beast than others. Just magic.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:11 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 17
I have a pink icon patriot and it will hold laser lines but powered up it has a nice long slow turnover with a fade at the very end, finding it most useful for anny lines and tunnel shots.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorent View Post
I've got a stiff and domey white 1st run pinnacle patriot that is super beefy. I've been throwing it into trees for a while now and it still doesn't have a bit of turn.

Anyone else have one like this?
the first pinnacle patriot i bought was like that too. flew just like my rival; no turn, decent fade. the flat gummies are apparently similar.

i've found the pinnacle to have more fade but about the same turn as the icon out of the box. i've only thrown 2 pinnacles and 3 icons.

i personally would choose icon patriots as my patriot of choice; out of the box they're great. then they beat in and they aren't as power-sensitive, ie they will flip to flat even powered down.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:26 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
the first pinnacle patriot i bought was like that too. flew just like my rival; no turn, decent fade. the flat gummies are apparently similar.

i've found the pinnacle to have more fade but about the same turn as the icon out of the box. i've only thrown 2 pinnacles and 3 icons.

i personally would choose icon patriots as my patriot of choice; out of the box they're great. then they beat in and they aren't as power-sensitive, ie they will flip to flat even powered down.

I carry a couple first runs in both Pinnacle and Icon. I don't find the Pinnacle as overstable as a Rival, but you defiantly have to snap it well to get it to stay on a line. Otherwise it will hook up.

The Icon though is starting to really settle in for me. 6 months of rollers have broken it into a really fun disc to throw on all sorts of flip up lines.