Disc Golf Store
Old 12-05-2012, 07:33 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Count me in for at least two when they are available. Thanks again Lion for always keeping us, DGCR, in the loop and being awesome with info and selling them to us as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lion View Post
I hope to have rivals in hand this Friday or Saturday and will probably sell them to DGCR members starting this weekend. That's in hole of promoting them early on here for members like I did with rampages and cannons.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 58
i'll definitely be picking up one of these, that red looks sweet!

Lion: did you get my pm about the clozers? I replied on my phone but i can see 'sent' items so i don't know if it went through. might as well get them along with a rival

Also, initially with the cannons there was some stability difference between colors in icon. but i know they have tweaked the plastic a lot since then. any idea if that is still the case? just curious
Old 12-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 12
Threw the Patriot for about 20 minutes today during a break in the wind. All reports that the Patriot is a faster Leopard are spot on. It seems to have the same amount of glide as a River without the nose angle sensitivity. It can be thrown on an anhyzer without too much fear of it fighting back out of it unless you really fufu it. Here's some of the run downs of my better throws.

3rd throw, 70-75% power, 2 MPH tailwind, 355 feet. This was my first real attempt at putting any sort of moderate power on the disc. I released the disc flat and it flew flat for about the first 100-125 feet. After that it started it's right turn. I was expecting the wing to drop and it to burn into the ground from the way it started hooking but it maintained a nice flat right turn. It stayed that way until it was at about 300 feet and slowly started fading back. Release of the disc made it fly about 10-15 feet off the ground the entire way.

5th throw, 70-75% power, 3 MPH tailwind, 366 Feet. This was the first throw in which I tried to hyzer flip the disc. Upon release, disc reached about 15-18 feet off the ground. Flew straight in the hyzer angle for about 100 feet and then stood up to flat. Held the flat line the entire flight. Was really surprised on this flight as I thought it would drop out of the sky earlier then it did. I don't think the tailwind really had any effect on the flight to keep it up.

I had about 20 throws with it in the field, the wind picked back up and was all over the place. With gusts up to 15-20 mph, there was no reason to continue to try and throw it and get an accurate read of the disc. The wind is dying down over here again and I'm on my way to go try some full power throws, big rollers and sky anhyzers.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 58
Nice! Sounds awesome
Old 12-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Birdie Member

Thanks General Scales. Nice review so far. I feel like the FD is a little faster Leopard that is more workable for me. Does it compare to the FD at all?
Old 12-06-2012, 03:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

I haven't thrown a FD so I cannot make an accurate comparison
Old 12-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Threw it a few more times yesterday during breaks in the wind. Was trying out some full power torque monkey style throws. I have a few more things to add to the review so far.

1.) This disc does NOT like a headwind. Once the wind picks up over 5 MPH, this disc gets super flippy. I couldn't put enough hyzer on it to make it ride flat. Much like a Leopard.

2.) This disc is an awesome out of the box roller. I was able to throw giant sky roller style shots without much effort. When it found the ground, it would stand up and roll and roll without immediately turning over and going right.

3.) This disc is a hyzer flip and gliding machine! I was able to break the 400 foot barrier twice yesterday during full power efforts (401 and 407). It was the first time I've tried to stretch out a fairway driver for ridiculous distance and I was pleasantly surprised with the results. Once it get's into it's gliding stage, it just wants to go.

I'm going to head out today again (hopefully) and get somebody to bring a video camera so people can see the flight. So far, I've been very satisfied with the results I've been seeing. More information to come...
Old 12-06-2012, 02:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 88
Actually sounds more like a Saint than a Leopard. I am not much of a Leopard thrower, yet. But I picked a few up last week and I am wondering if I got the super beefy ones. They (Leopards) were just a tad less stable than my TeeBirds but actually handled the wind well. If they did flip on me, it was slow and methodical and that one was very controllable (again, only have thrown them for one week). My Saints were a touch more squirrelly and eventually lost out to just using seasoned TeeBirds, but they could definitely get out there with less effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Scales View Post
Threw it a few more times yesterday during breaks in the wind. Was trying out some full power torque monkey style throws. I have a few more things to add to the review so far.

1.) This disc does NOT like a headwind. Once the wind picks up over 5 MPH, this disc gets super flippy. I couldn't put enough hyzer on it to make it ride flat. Much like a Leopard.

2.) This disc is an awesome out of the box roller. I was able to throw giant sky roller style shots without much effort. When it found the ground, it would stand up and roll and roll without immediately turning over and going right.

3.) This disc is a hyzer flip and gliding machine! I was able to break the 400 foot barrier twice yesterday during full power efforts (401 and 407). It was the first time I've tried to stretch out a fairway driver for ridiculous distance and I was pleasantly surprised with the results. Once it get's into it's gliding stage, it just wants to go.

I'm going to head out today again (hopefully) and get somebody to bring a video camera so people can see the flight. So far, I've been very satisfied with the results I've been seeing. More information to come...
Old 12-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Threw the Patriot for the first time on the course yesterday. Played at Corbin Park in Post Falls Idaho so there were only a handful of tee shots that I could even think about throwing a driver like disc on (most holes are putter and midranges from the tees). I can say that this disc is a line shaping machine! So little effort is required to make it fly that it kind of feels like cheating when it's thrown. I parked hole 12 (formally hole 9 in the 15 hole layout) for a 20 foot birdie. That's a 380+ foot drive to get to the current position. I can safely say that Legacy knocked this mold out of the park. If they remain as consistent as this proto I have, I will be placing them in the bag. Well done Legacy

Old 12-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 22
Never thrown any Legacy plastic before, but this sounds exciting. When does the Patriot hit stores?