Old 11-08-2012, 01:37 PM

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by JReynolds View Post
Did you honestly just say "overstable disc, like a boss or KATANA?"... I have thrown a katana that seemed to be a little more stable than the numbers suggest, I have NEVER thrown one that I would call overstable.
^^^^ I agree with this too. Katanas are a bit too understable for my sidearm. I picked up a Pro and unfortunately it doesn't have a place in my bag.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 73
Quote:
Did you honestly just say "overstable disc, like a boss or KATANA?"... I have thrown a katana that seemed to be a little more stable than the numbers suggest, I have NEVER thrown one that I would call overstable.
I have several early run champion and star that are hooks, more overstable than a destroyer. I haven't thrown the newer star and champ katanas though but the old ones flew like a totally different mold than the pro katanas.

I would not, in general, put those two disc together.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 50
My famous Katana is a FLAT Star and it was over stable when I got it and it was my go to sidearm until it got beat now it flys like around -2 turn. And fade is still at a 3.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:11 PM

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake911 View Post
Check your technique. I was having an issue "Turning over FH shots" but in reality all i was doing was rolling my wrist at release. Check out Avery Jenkins "Deep in the Game" Sidearm. It really gave me a few good tips about keeping my palm facing the sky as/after i released the disc. Realyl helped flatten out my throws and added distance and control.
Thanks a lot! My sidearm game is fairly new but shows a world of ripping potential.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:50 PM

Years Playing: 17.9
Courses Played: 36
Quote:
Well I did find mine out in a field that had recently been mowed, and it was very evidently sun bleached and weathered So that might be why, but my katana is almost more overstable than my boss. Honest
Old 11-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat42 View Post
Well I did find mine out in a field that had recently been mowed, and it was very evidently sun bleached and weathered So that might be why, but my katana is almost more overstable than my boss. Honest
Throw what works man... if it works for you, who cares about anything else
Old 11-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 42
I don't turn my Firebird or Predator over, and I certainly don't turn my Trident over. Released with a bit of anhyzer they start with a smidge of turn and then flatten out. Except for the Trident. I could release that with extreme OAT and it would just fly straighter for longer than expected. If I want a nice, long turnover drive forehand I whip out the beat 11x Star Wraith that I won't know how to replace (which is light yellow/cream and dying to bury itself in a pile of leaves).
Old 11-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 9
like wake said your prob rolling your wrist over. try flicking a fairway driver and if it comes out of you hand wobbling like a soggy waffle then you got some oat in you throw.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:07 AM

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHFH
straight 300' slight fade at end, teerex or monster. no question. S curve, wraith or beast. Once you get everything under control move up to bosses, nukes, etx

Old 11-09-2012, 12:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 65
Thread on forehands:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=27383

Also check out Mike C's vids on forehands. Sometimes videos are just much better than reading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cXTXUNZvSE

This is also from Mike's channel, a very good ultimate vid that's been posted around:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mkHDFwzwaE