* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 61
Throwing Style: LHBH
My Best Throw of the Week:
Hole #10 Camp Sankanac-

Hole #10 Tee-

Hole #10 Basket to Tee-

I throw my flat-top Roc off the tee and park it right under the basket for a drop in birdie
Old 11-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Not one shot, but 2. I was playing castle hayne on the way to the beach for thanksgiving and was playing a more fun than serious round. On hole 4 I would normally throw a mid and set up for a 3/4, but I decided to go for it with an eagle. I threw the perfect s-curve and ended up about 70 ft short in the middle of the fairways. Behind the basket is a sharp drop off, but I said to myself "yolo" and went for it and it went in. I wish.I had a witness.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 48
Parked this with a beat Star Aviar

Old 11-21-2012, 09:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 61
Throwing Style: LHBH
Where is that Harkey? Looks like a sweet hole!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 87
Foundation park, Centrailia IL, hole 6 b position, I got a bird 3!

Centrailia is almost 2 hours from my house, but my job location moves around a lot and my foreman is a disc golfer too. Monday we were sent to mid Illinois so he grabbed his bag and told all of us (non golfers included) that we were playing Centrailia.

I had to play with his discs and in my work boots. The round didn't go so well. I didn't realize how important my bag is.

Anyway, hole 6, a hard par 4. I throw his Roadrunner, never thrown one before, just trying to lay up before the creek. It turns just perfect down the narrow fairway, but it glides and comes back (unexpected). I cleared the creek at about 280. From here I can see the basket but its an even tighter shot, and still almost 300. I rip his Buzz, make the gap and end up with a 20 footer. Boom birdie.

One great hole can make a bad round ok. The non golfers had fun too, after some liquid encouragement.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:20 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
My best shot of the week was a small disappointment! I was at the Brickyard (awesome local 9 hole), throwing alone, and playing Cali for practice sake. For anyone wondering, you get 1 mulligan per hole, used whenever you like (off tee, approach or putt), and then choose which shot to play. Well anyway, playing blue tee to yellow basket (longs to shorts), 2nd hole, 348 downhill, slight right curve at the end of the fairway. I went long on initial tee shot, and take my Cali shot, tee off 2nd time and CHING, my CE Orc goes right in, grrrrr. Not a legitimate ACE! Dang, sweet sweet shot though, would have been 2nd ACE.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:28 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralQuack View Post
My best shot of the week was a small disappointment! I was at the Brickyard (awesome local 9 hole), throwing alone, and playing Cali for practice sake. For anyone wondering, you get 1 mulligan per hole, used whenever you like (off tee, approach or putt), and then choose which shot to play. Well anyway, playing blue tee to yellow basket (longs to shorts), 2nd hole, 348 downhill, slight right curve at the end of the fairway. I went long on initial tee shot, and take my Cali shot, tee off 2nd time and CHING, my CE Orc goes right in, grrrrr. Not a legitimate ACE! Dang, sweet sweet shot though, would have been 2nd ACE.
Sounds awesome... they made CE orcs??
Old 11-22-2012, 01:38 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by JReynolds View Post
Sounds awesome... they made CE orcs??
Champion, sorry, thought ce was champion edition. guess not. what is CE then? apologies, new to discing
Old 11-22-2012, 02:00 AM
Eagle Member

CE does stand for champion edition... but champion edition plastic was a completely different plastic than the current champion plastic. It was made around 2000(I maybe wrong on the year)... CE plastic discs are now highly sought after, and expensive... CE plastic was molded in valks, eagles, teebirds, leopards, rocs, and aviars (maybe others, I am no expert)

Old 11-22-2012, 02:03 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralQuack View Post
Champion, sorry, thought ce was champion edition. guess not. what is CE then? apologies, new to discing
No need for apologies brotha.. there is a learning curve for all of us. Soon enough you will have seen enough discs for sale, that you will know the different plastics from different eras, and how much $$ they are worth