Disc Golf Store
Old 09-30-2009, 05:03 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by colodiscgolfer View Post
I can view jpg and pdf on my iphone, can't speak for others...
And at least on iPhone, JPG images can be saved to the photo library as well.

Might be a nice project for us members, creating mobile-friendly map .jpg images for courses…
Old 09-30-2009, 05:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 15
I will check on my BB probably tomorrow night while at my sons soccer practice. I would do it now, but it is painful to me using the browser on that thing so may as well do it when I normally am anyway.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:06 PM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 242
I changed the zoom level to a bit farther out. I'm not sure how the really basic phones handle logins and what not (I have no way of testing any of this stuff). I actually thought about the scorebook today.. if I do feel ambitious enough to tackle that at some point I'm thinking it'll be a case of doing basic scorekeeping on your phone and then you submit it to your mobile queue on the site where it will sit until you get to a computer to finish up the scorecard with details like tee played, weather, etc.

And George, you'll be so proud. I posted this update on Facebook which also updated my Twitter. I'm so Web 2.0 it's sick!

Last edited by timg; 09-30-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 366
Throwing Style: LHBH
I noticed the new mobile link at the bottom of the main page moments and was going to post about it....but this thread was just started. This is awesome Tim! Sweet! Thanks!

I have a windows mobile phone and I can handle pdfs and large jpgs well.

Another suggestion is to somehow link the gps coordinates straight into Google Maps Mobile.

Also, the thumbnail size course pictures are too small to see.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:11 PM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave242 View Post
I noticed the new mobile link at the bottom of the main page moments and was going to post about it....but this thread was just started. This is awesome Tim! Sweet! Thanks!

I have a windows mobile phone and I can handle pdfs and large jpgs well.

Another suggestion is to somehow link the gps coordinates straight into Google Maps Mobile.

Also, the thumbnail size course pictures are too small to see.
I have a basic static map.. I can't get to the mobile google site using a regular web browser and I don't have a phone that can do much besides make calls so I'm kind of stuck. I did try
Old 09-30-2009, 05:13 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timg View Post
I changed the zoom level to a bit farther out. I'm not sure how the really basic phones handle logins and what not (I have no way of testing any of this stuff). I actually thought about the scorebook today.. if I do feel ambitious enough to tackle that at some point I'm thinking it'll be a case of doing basic scorekeeping on your phone and then you submit it to your mobile queue on the site where it will sit until you get to a computer to finish up the scorecard with details like tee played, weather, etc.

And George, you'll be so proud. I posted this update on Facebook which also updated my Twitter. I'm so Web 2.0 it's sick!
Yeah if we could just enter strokes, see hole par & round totals, I'd be a happy camper. Glad to do the rest on the main site. Even just entering strokes would be fine to start with.

I knew I'd sucker you into social media eventually Just trying to get as much visibility for DGCR as possible
Old 09-30-2009, 05:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 366
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by timg View Post
I have a basic static map.. I can't get to the mobile google site using a regular web browser and I don't have a phone that can do much besides make calls so I'm kind of stuck. I did try
Cool - thanks for trying. It is easy enough to copy from DGCR and paste into Google Maps, so no big deal.

I did notice the static map and the yahoo maps directions generator, but those are a little cumbersome (yes, we are spoiled!).
Old 09-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 73
I use a windows mobile phone and at first I was unable to access anything on the site. I started using a java based browser (Opera Mini) and it works great. I am able to access every feature of the site including course map, scorebook, linked files, etc. This was before timg created the mobile course directory. So if its not working get Java and Opera on you phone PM me if you have any questions.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: LHFH
Send a message via AIM to billnchristy
Aww man, was hoping it was about the DGCR mobile...kind of like the weiner mobile...,a vehicle built around DGCR.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave242 View Post
I just tested a Google Maps link that will open the Maps app on the iPhone, and it's formatted like this: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&q=41.199852,-81.440445

Not sure how this will work on Blackberry or Windows Mobile, maybe someone here can test.