Disc Golf Store
Old 10-16-2012, 01:08 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Fade Gear Tourney-Zesk

Does any one have this bag? I just ordered it off primediscs.com for $54.99 and I'm excited to receive it in the mail. Debated between getting the "Dude Camo" and this one, and decided on the Zesk. So I'm just curious how it treats other DGers. Looked at plenty of reviews between the Fade Tourney and Innova Comp. bag, plus talked to a few local pros who own/have owned each bag, and they also helped me decide on getting the Fade Gear. So yea, just curious about the Zesk and if any one else owns it on here, cause I haven't seen it around my local course so haven't been able to ask any one questions on that one specifically. Thanks.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:57 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
This thread might be helpful: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=20078 .

I own a Fade Gear Crunch bag and use it for rounds where I only want to carry a few discs. It's served its purpose quite nicely.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:42 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Not exactly since the latest reply is from over 2 years ago. Thanks for trying though.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 12
I don't have the exact bag in question, but I rocked a fade tourney bag for over a year. It was a great bag for the time I had it. It just got retired in favor of a grip bag, but they are solid bags for the price.

Edit: I play year around in Oregon, so my fade bag saw some nasty stuff.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: -0.1
Courses Played: 24
I love the fade rain fly for when its wet out
You can even pile your coat in there (I use it on a crunch)
Old 10-16-2012, 08:10 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHFH
I have some friends that swear by the Fade Tourney bags, and then have others that say they are very poorly constructed. The 2 that have had issues were :1)jumping over a 3' creek one of the attachment points for the backpack straps ripped apart from shock loading. 2) same issue on a crunch bag, I wasn't there to witness how this one broke, but I can't imagine it being through serious abuse.

On the other hand, I have friends that have carried Fade bags for years and abused them and they seem to hold up ok.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 37
i have not seen that bag, what is it just smaller than the tour? i started with a crunch and loved it and have the tour now. I chose fade for price most of all and have not been let down. my next step is getting the quad rain fly which i can say i have heard nothing but good things about. thinking about it now i was a little disappointed in the strap they gave me with the tour. it was pretty weak looking but i never did have to use it.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 42
I used a fade tourney for a year. Hard to beat for the $. Compared to premium bags(GB, Voodoo are my only comparisons), it's a little heavy and not as durable. After 1 year I had a few heavily worn spots on the bottom of the bag, one of the plastic quad attachment points broke(easily fixed with paracord), and the dividers just don't really hold up over time(the velcro quits holding and they move around). I still don't think you can buy a better bag for that same $. That said, when it was time to replace, I opted to step up to a Karma and I don't think I'll be buying another bag for at least a few years, so cost over time might actually be better.

Pros: price, capacity, availability
Cons: durability, weight, quality of materials
Old 10-16-2012, 10:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by techn9cian4life View Post
Not exactly since the latest reply is from over 2 years ago. Thanks for trying though.
Have they changed the bag in the last two years? I guess it's easier having info spread out over multiple threads.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:46 AM

Courses Played: 1
I'm coming up on 2 years with my fade tourney in the Pacific Northwest. Play about 3-4 rounds a week year round. Its held up well. Noticed wearing on the bottom after about a year so I painted the bottom with plastic-dip. So far so good.
Great bag for the price.